How to Get Map of the Stars in Diablo 3
There have been a few bugs during the start of the event this year with the Map of the Stars not showing, but it looks like Blizzard fixed all the issues with this quest, so you can now go and craft the item as intended. If you want to find a quick way to do it, then follow this step-by-step guide below.
Step 1: Craft Wirt's Leg
Wirt's Leg is a craftable Legendary mace that can be salvaged to obtain the Map of the Stars. Here is the sequence of tasks you need to accomplish to be able to craft this mace:
- In the Labyrinth, you need to reach level 9, where you can collect Rotten Mushrooms.
- Then, return to Tristram and go down the road towards the cathedral; to the right, you will see an old hut.
- Inside the hut, activate Adria's Cauldron, which will produce Witch's Brew.
- After that, go to the entrance portal in the southern part of Tristram and search for Farnham's corpse, which will grant you Drunkard's Debt.
- In the same area, search for Ogden's corpse, which will grant you Garda's Letter.
- Then, search for Pepin's corpse to get Healer's Prescription.
- Lastly, search for Griswold's corpse, which will drop the crafting plan for Wirt's Leg.
- Go to Blacksmith and craft the mace using the plan, 10 Reusable Parts, and 1,000,000 Gold.
Step 2: Salvage Wirt's Leg
You can equip the newly crafted weapon and use it, but it's not very strong, so you won't be able to use it anyway. So, you will need to salvage it at the Blacksmith, which will give you the Map of the Stars in return.
With the help of this map, you will be able to find the Abandoned Farmstead -- a secret cow level, which contains Wirt's Stash and Royal Calf pet.
That is all for the Map of the Stars guide. Just follow these simple steps and soon you will be able to finish the Tristram event in Diablo 3 with tons of new rewards!