Bravely Default: Performer Job Guide
Performers are the Bards of Bravely Default. They use songs to boost your allies' stats. There is not a better support Job than the Performer. Let me guide you through the wonders of song, so that your voice can soothe your allies on the battlefield.
This guide will cover everything about Performer including:
- Unlocking Performer : How to unlock the job.
- Equipment Guide: What they use, and the optimal equips.
- Ability List: What level they get them.
- Cross Job Tips: Which jobs fit well with Performer.
- Special Moves: Which are best suited for Performer.
- Combat Tips: Being most effective in battle.
You unlock Performer in Chapter 3 by defeating Praline. You can start the quest after getting the poison sample from Grapp Keep.
- Talk to Goodman and choose to go to the bridge.
- After the scenes, you have to travel around the word to find different bards.
- Go to Grandship, then to the bar. Speak to the people there to progress the quest.
- Head to Ancheim and talk to the NPC marked on your map.
- After, go to Caldisla, Florem, and Hartschild City in that order to talk to the rest of the bards.
- Return to the Grandship bar to get the tools you need.
- Go back to Goodman, then choose to go to the bridge again.
- After the scenes, the fight with Praline will start.
Performers have an s aptitude for Rods, Staves, and Daggers.
- Brave Suit is good because it raises BP by 1. This lets you get more boosts in.
- It honestly doesn't matter. Performers are great support characters and you sing most of the time.
- If you want to use a sub job that attacks, then stick with those that benefit from either Rods, Staves, or Daggers.
Performers have the Save Singing MP Specialty.
- Save Singing MP - Lowers the MP cost of Singing by 50%.
- Love Power - Raises all targets' Physical Attack by 25% for 4 turns.
- Love Rush - Raises all targets' Speed by 25% for 4 turns.
- One More for You - Raises one target's BP by 1.
- Got Your Back - Raises all targets' Physical Defense by 25% for 4 turns.
- Key to Your Heart - Raises all targets' Magic Defense by 25% for 4 turns.
- Support Amp - Support ability adds 10% to stat-raising effects you receive and subtracts 10% from stat-lowering effects.
- Little Devil - Raises all targets' Magic Attack by 25% for 4 turns.
- Catch Me - Raises your chances of being targeted by enemies to the highest level possible for 5 turns.
- Buff Up - Support ability that raises all Attack and Defense stats by 5% at the end of each turn for 5 turns.
- Prolong Support - Support ability that doubles the number of turns that stat-raising effects on yourself last.
- Charm Immunity - Support ability that makes you immune to Charm.
- Save Singing MP - Support ability that lets you use the Performer Specialty on other Jobs.
- Zero Sum - Reduces BP to 0 for either all enemies or all allies who have 1 or more BP.
- My Hero - Raises all allies' BP by 1. Costs an extra 2 BP to use.
Cross Job Tips
- Performers don't benefit much from other Jobs, but they are great as sub jobs for others.
- Ninjas are helpful because of their high evasion.
- Tanks can use Performer to boost allies' stats and make the enemy attack them at the same time.
- Level 1 - Use magic 10 times to use.
- Piercing Bolt: Attack one. Raises Magic Attack for all allies.
- Level 2 - Use magic 20 times to use.
- Withering Ripple: Weaken enemy. Raises Magic Attack for all allies.
- Level 3 - Use magic 30 times to use.
- Holy Weapon: Attack all, slaying Demon. Raises Magic Attack for all allies.
- Level 1 - Heal 10 times.
- Rejuvenation: Heals all allies and raises healing for all allies.
- Level 2 - Heal 20 times.
- Lux: Buff allies. Raises Speed of all allies.
- Level 3 - Heal 30 times.
- Divine Light: Attack one (slay undead). Raises Magic Attack for all allies.
- Level 1 - Use items 5 times.
- Infinity: Attack one. Raises Hit Count for all allies.
- Level 2 - Use items 10 times.
- Blade Storm: Attack one. Also raises Hit Count for all allies.
- Level 3 - Use items 15 times.
- Cross Divide: Attack one. Also raises Hit Count for all allies.
Performers can turn the tide of battle with their songs.
- If the enemy is faster, start with Love Rush to speed up your allies.
- The benefit of Performer is that they can boost any stat. This allows you to focus on one thing if your team only needs one type of boost, or many if your team is well-rounded.
- Raise BP of an ally who uses a lot of BP, or a strong attacker to get extra actions in.
That's it for Performer. Let me know in the comments if you have any questions!
For more tips and guides, check my Bravely Default Master Guide List.