Total War Warhammer 3 Multiplayer Not Working Fix
Total War Warhammer 3 has been released to many mixed reviews, and understandably so. For the time being, the game is riddled with bugs and multiplayer issues, preventing players from having a good time.
This guide will provide you with a possible fix to the multiplayer not working error in Total War Warhammer 3. The developer is aware of this issue, and the next patch should solve it. But for now, you can use the methods listed below that have already helped many players.
Use Steam Friends List
Steam players who can't connect to multiplayer games in Total War Warhammer 3 can use the Steam Friends List instead of trying to join the online session directly.
First, make sure that a friend you're trying to join is currently playing Total War Warhammer 3. Then, here's what you need to do, if you're on Steam:
- Close the Total War Warhammer 3
- Open your Steam client
- Click on the "Friends" in the top menu
- Select "Friends List" option
- Right-click on the friend's name in the list
- Select "Join Game" option
You may need to try this a few time in case the game doesn't connect you right away.
Re-login on Game Pass
If you've purchased the game through Game Pass, then there are a few things you can do:
- First, try to log-out and log-in back again, and try connecting to the multiplayer games. Repeat this if needed.
- Some players have reported that changing their profile icons in Xbox app helped them connect to online sessions.
- Temporarily disable your firewall in the system settings.
Follow these steps to turn off firewall for the time being:
- Press the Start button
- Go to "Settings" tab
- Select "Update and Security" feature
- Go to "Windows Security" tab
- Select "Firewall and Windows Protection" feature
- Open "Windows Security" settings
- Switch the Microsoft Defender Firewall option OFF
You can switch it back on at any moment!
Link Game Pass to Steam Account
It is highly recommended to play on the same platform in multiplayer mode, using either Steam or Game Pass.
However, many players have both platforms, and those who purchased Total War Warhammer 3 via Game Pass may have problems playing with people in Steam.
In this case you need to link your Game Pass account to your Steam account by doing the following:
- Press Win+G key combination
- Open Microsoft Video Game Platform app
- Select "Configuration" option
- Go to "Accounts" tab
- Click on the "LINK" button next to Steam option from the list
- Enter your Steam account info
- Confirm the linking of two accounts in a confirmation e-mail
Now you can play your Game Pass games using Steam account, and connecting to your Steam friends online.
Hopefully, these tips helped you fix multiplayer not working error in Total War Warhammer 3. Be sure to give this guide a share, if it helped you!