Assassin's Creed Chronicles Russia Guide: Synchronization points and collectibles
The final chapter in the Chronicles saga - Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: Russia was released on February 9, 2016. The events of the game take place in a post-revolution period of Russia, after the murder of Tsar by the Bolsheviks in 1918. You play as an assassin Nikolai Orelov who tries to retrieve an ancient artifact and save Princess Anastasia on his way to freedom.
This guide will give you tips on how to find all the synchronization points and collectibles, such as chests, abilities and magnetic keys in the game. Actually, there are only two sync points in the entire campaign, while some sequences include neither sync points nor collectibles – they are sequences 4, 7 and 10 – these are simply speedrun levels.
Sync point 1
- The sync point in Sequence 1 can be found after the tram ride. You will find a militia sergeant on the roof, and then you need to go on top of the next building. There you will see your first synchronization point in the game.
Sync point 2
- The sync point in Sequence 5 can be found after the series of wooden ledges (where the first chest can be located). You need to follow the path on the top of the wooden construction and you will end up at the synchronization point.
- You will find the first chest in the game right after the first sync point. The chest is located under the bridge at the ladder.
- You can collect a Magnetic Key from the dead guard at the end of Sequence 1. You will approach a mansion with guards whom you have to snipe. Then go down to the ground floor and go left, there you will find the guard’s body lying by the wall.
- The first chest in Sequence 2 can be found right at the very start of the mission. As soon as you enter the house look right underneath the first platform. But be careful, as there is a guard watching after it.
- The second chest is located in the area behind the broken truck. After you reach the corner of the east wing, you need to hop on top of the fence to your right, and you will see the truck underneath.
- You can collect the first Magnetic Key from one of the guards at the garden before you enter the house. There are three of them - the one in the middle has the key.
- The second key can be obtained from the guard at the East Wing of the Ipatiev’s House. When you reach the second room of the second floor, wait before two guards enter the room – kill both of them and collect the key.
- You can collect the scroll from the chest at the beginning of Sequence 3, right after you kill the first guard. You will see the chest up at the top of the next section of the level.
- The second chest can be found under the roof of the building that you need to enter after the elimination of the machine gunner.
- You will obtain Helix Blend as soon as you get out of the sewers. You will see a Helix glitch screen that will notify you about the event. This ability will allow your character to become invisible.
- You need to reach the guarded building after the sewers. You will be able to collect the Rope Dart underneath the first platform inside the house. This item can be assimilated with your dagger for a better effect.
- Another ability called Helix Dash can be picked up on top of the roof right after you pick up the Rope Dart. This ability allows your character to move between guards unnoticed.
- You will find the first chest at the beginning of the level, after you go past through a group of riflemen veterans. You will find yourself on a series of wooden ledges – the chest is located on the lowest ledge.
- The second chest can be located inside one of the train wagons with a guard inside. Also, two other guards will be outside the wagon, so be sure to approach the chest from the roof.
- The third and final chest is located at the end of the alley, after you kill Janis and his guard. This is the part where you will be given the task to prevent Janis from calling Trotsky.
- After the train yard area, you will find yourself at the guarded building. The very first guard on your way will have the Magnetic Key.
- The first of two chests in Sequence 6 can be found after you leave the station at the beginning of the level. You need to hop on a green tram and jump down when it stops. You will see the chest by the wall next to you.
- The second chest can be obtained in the Trotsky’s mansion. You need to get on the second floor from the top of the roof and make your way to the other end of the house.
- When you arrive on the green tram at the first guard post, the last of the guards will have the Magnetic Key. Try to skip the guards by running on the top of the tram and stealth kill the last guard.
- The second key can be obtained from one of the guards at the building where you have to activate the lift controls. This guard can be located after you activate the first switch and be on your way to the second one.
- The soldier that guards the door to the third switch holds another key. You can locate him one floor below the second switch.
- Another cool ability - Helix Blade - can be collected after you use the elevator in the building that will lead you to Trotsky’s house. Helix Blade allows you to dissolve assassinated targets.
- The first chest in Sequence 8 is of green color and contains ammo. It can be found after you kill the first sniper and move to the next building across the road.
- The other white chest is placed in the sewers, which can be found after you pass the city square. It can be found in the small room on the other side of the wall.
- The last white chest is located inside a truck behind the building where you meet Ilia. You need to finish the sewers part before you can meet him outside.
- Immediately after you leave the safe house in Moscow, you need to get on top of the house across the road. There will be a sniper on top – he has the Magnetic Key.
- The second key can be obtained from the guard inside the house, right after you cross the guarded square and a governmental building with red posters.
- The first chest in Sequence 9 can be found on the corner of the Kremlin building on your way to the library. You will see a guard walking underneath you and the chest is right behind him.
- The second chest is located at the maintenance area, before you open the security door in order to save Anastasia from the gas room. On your way there, look for the red doorhandle on the wall. Pull it and you will find the chest behind the wall.
- You can collect the first magnetic key from the guard on the first floor of Kremlin, right at the beginning of the level.
- The second key is in the possession of one of the guards on the second floor of the latter part of Kremlin. You will get there after you pass through the Library area.
- The third and fourth keys can be collected from the guards in gas masks right after you use the elevator that will take you to the ground floor. You need to use the air hatch and make your way through the obstacles with hot steam.
- The fifth and final Magnetic Key can be obtained from the guard in the underground lab facility. You will see him answering the phone.
Now you will be able to find them all and have a complete stash of collectibles in your game. Also, you should check out other games in the Chronicles saga, such as China and India for a complete experience.
Let us know your thoughts on the Assassin’s Creed Chronicles series in the comments section below!