ArcheAge Skill Set Guide - Vitalism
With the way the ArcheAge class system works, players will need to know what each skill set brings to the table. In my first series of ArcheAge guides I'll cover each skill set and what they offer.
Vitalism is THE healer skill set. As one of the six available starter skill sets, it's possible to progress without allies, as Antithesis heals or damages enemies. If you're planning a lot of soloing, I recommend a build with some combat capabilities, otherwise the game will get increasingly more difficult. My Vitalism build is purely a healer build, with very little solo potential. I run a Cleric which is a combination of Vitalism, Auramancy, and Songcraft.
Here I'll list all the skills of and what they do. I'll split the lists up between active skills and passive skills to make the list easier to read.
These are your attacks, heals, or defensive abilities depending on the skill set.
- Antithesis: Allies/Self: Instantly restores health. Enemies: Deals Magic Damage. When this skill levels up, it increases damage and cast time. Hold ALT to use on yourself.
- Mirror Light: Caster/Allies: Cures one debuff and increases healing by 15% for 3 minutes. Enemies: Inflicts Snare for 3 seconds. Increases received damage by 12% and decreases healing effectiveness by 30% for 20 seconds. Snare duration reduced by 50% in PvP.
- Resurgence: Regenerates health over 10 seconds on you or an ally. Hold ALT to cast on yourself.
- Revive: Revives a friend or removes the XP deficit caused by death. Revived target restores 20% of max health and mana. Can't be used in combat.
- Skewer: Summons skewers in a 5 meter target area. The spears deal Magic Damage and Impale enemies for 2.2 seconds, preventing all actions. When this skill levels up it increases damage and cast time.
- Mend: Restores health to all allies within 20 meters. Gives 1-3 stacks of inspired.
- Infuse: Consumes caster's mana for ally's benefit. Ally instantly recovers mana.
- Aranzeb's Boon: Increases Spirit and Intelligence by 22 for 30 minutes. Works on caster or an ally.
- Renewal: Calls forth energy from the land to bless caster or an ally. Has a 15% chance of recovering HP when hit for 30 seconds. Hold Alt to use on yourself.
- Fervent Healing: Instantly restores health to caster or an ally. Can be used again immediately, increasing the strength of the skill by 25% but consuming significantly more mana. Can be used consecutively up to 5 times. Hold ALT to use on yourself.
- Twilight: Turns caster and nearby allies invisible for up to 60 seconds. Cancelled by movement.
Passive skills require a certain amount of skill points used within the set to allow point allocation into them. Passive skills buff the skill set once you unlock them, allowing for easier combat. In addition to the skill's effect, I'll list how many spent points are needed before you can allocate points to the passive skill.
- Painful Recharge: Converts 7% of received damage to mana. (Requires 2 points spent in Vitalism.)
- Quick Recovery: Resets cooldowns on all healing skills after receiving critical damage. If Quick Recovery is triggered too often it will be disabled for 20 seconds. (Requires 3 points spent in Vitalism.)
- Spirit Growth: Increases Spirit by 9%. (Requires 5 points spent in Vitalism.)
- Invigorated Healing: Increases the amount of recovery from Antithesis, Resurgence, Mend, Renewal, and combo recovery skills by 15%. (Requires 6 points spent in Vitalism.)
- Defiance: Increases Magic Defense by 500 of all allies within a 15 meter radius.(Requires 7 points spent in Vitalism.)
I hope this gives a clear view of what the Vitalism skill set offers your build. For more guides on ArcheAge check my content directory.