Overwatch Guide: Lucio Info and Tips
Lucio is a support character in Overwatch who uses songs to help his team. He can switch between 2 whenever he want, providing either healing or a movement speed boost.
Lucio has a few other things he can do as well, such as ride on a wall and push people back. His versatility makes him a welcomed addition to any team and the support character I play the most. I'll go over some Lucio info and give tips on how to play him effectively.
This guide will cover everything about the hero Lucio in Overwatch including:
- Lucio Basic Info - A little of Lucio's background and descriptions of his abilities.
- Lucio Combat Tips - Tips for using Lucio effectively.
Lucio Basic Info
Lucio grew up in a poor section of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. He turned to music to cheer everyone up around him and became a local legend by performing at many parties and underground shows.
His music gained popularity after he led an uprising against the Vishkar Corporation that came in to make things even worse for his community. He stole their sonic technology and converted it into the tools he uses today.
- (Passive) Wall Ride - Lucio can ride on walls by jumping on them from the side.
- Sonic Amplifier - His main weapon shoots sonic projectiles at the enemy.
- Soundwave - Creates a short-range blast that pushes enemies away from you.
- Amp It Up - Increases the effectiveness of your current song.
- Crossfade - Switch between the speed boost and healing songs.
- The middle of the screen shows which song you are currently using.
- The green icon with arrows on the right means it is the speed boost.
- The yellow icon with the plus sign on the left means it is the healing.
- (Ultimate Ability) Sound Barrier - Provides shields to all nearby allies for a short time with a sound wave.
Lucio Combat Tips
Lucio is a support character so his main job is to help the team. His weapon isn't that bad and because of the way his songs work, you can usually attack while helping your team out.
- Use Amp It Up on your speed boost when the round starts
- This is especially helpful in games where you must attack an objective.
- This gives everyone some extra speed to reach the objective quickly.
- Know when to switch between the 2 songs
- Speed boost is great for when you need to reach an objective quickly or escape an enemy, but if you are taking damage, use the healing
- Likewise, healing is great for keeping your team alive, but if you don't need it at the moment, switch to speed boost.
- Use Soundwave to push enemies off the map
- Sound wave is great for keeping enemies away from you, but it is also great for pushing them off cliffs if positions correctly.
- Wall Ride can save your life and trick enemies
- Not many people make use of, or even remember, Lucio's Wall Ride, but it can save your life.
- If you fall off or get pushed, you can come back by jumping on the wall and skating your way across the map.
- You have to jump on the side, then ride across. You cannot simply climb up walls like Genji and Hanzo.
- Use his ultimate, Sound Barrier, at crucial moment where you must defend or attack a point
- Sound Barrier can save lives and win games because of the shields if gives your team.
- If you are about to lose a point, need to capture it before time runs out, or about to get overwhelmed by the other team, Sound Barrier can keep your team alive long enough for you to heal them up.
That's it for my Overwatch guide on Lucio Info and Tips. Let me know if you have any questions!