Project Zomboid: How to Barricade Doors and Windows
In order to survive the horrors of Project Zomboid, you'll need to make sure you have a well-fortified base, and that includes knowing how to barricade doors and windows. Zombies will attempt to break into your base at night to get the jump on you while you're asleep, leaving you with little time to react or defend yourself.
In this Project Zomboid guide, we'll tell you how to go about barricading your doors and windows to keep zombies from getting inside your base.
How to Barricade Your Base in Project Zomboid
How to Create a Barricade
There are three different kinds of barricades in Project Zomboid:
- Sheet metal
Sheet metal and metal are identical in strength, with 5,000HP each, but they require different materials. Wooden barricades have 1,000HP per wooden plank. The required materials to make each of these three barricades are:
- Wood Barricade: Hammer, two nails, up to four planks.
- Sheet Metal Barricade: Propane torch, welder mask, metal sheet.
- Metal Barricade: Propane torch, welder mask, three metal bars.
To set up a barricade, right-click a door or window and select "Barricade" from the menu that appears, after which you can select what kind of barricade you'd like to create.
How to Get Barricade Materials
The required materials to create door and wall barricades can all be found in various places throughout the wide world of Project Zomboid. All of the areas where these specific items can be found are listed below:
- Hammer: Hardware stores, in the army base, and in crates and atop metal shelves.
- Nails: Hardware stores, tool sheds, garages, and logging factories. They can also be obtained by dismantling wooden furniture.
- Planks: Warehouse and storage crates, or from dismantling doors. You can also saw logs to create them.
- Propane Torch: Hardware stores, logging factories, sheds or garages, crates, and storage units. You can also occasionally find them in the trunk of a metal welder, in a vehicle that belonged to a construction worker.
- Welder Mask: Can be found in all of the same places as the propane torch, as well as being carried by zombie mechanics.
- Metal Sheet: Hardware stores, logging factories, sheds or garages, on metal shelves or counters, or in crates or bins. It can also spawn in the trunks of metalworkers or construction workers.
- Metal Bar: Like sheet metal, it can be found in the vehicles of metalworkers or construction workers. It can also be found in Hardware stores, logging factories, sheds or garages, crates, and storage units.
As you can tell, the hardware store is probably a good place to start. Luckily, hammers, welder masks, and propane torches are not consumed when used, so you don't need to worry about constantly looking out for more of those to take. Nails, planks, and metal on the other hand, you will need to find more for every barricade you set up.
That's all you should need to know about how to barricade doors and windows in Project Zomboid. If you're interested in learning more about this survival game, consider checking out our other guides in our guides hub.