Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 Crashing Fix
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 is a well optimized game, but it there is a crashing issue in both the PC and Xbox One versions of the game.
On PC, the game may crash when starting it up; while on Xbox One it may happen during gameplay. Both are related to corrupted save data, and have their own solutions to get you back into the game.
How to Fix Crashing in Car Mechanic Simulator 2021
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 PC Crash Fix
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 may crash on PC when loading a save game, after prompting you that the save data is corrupted.
Fortunately, there is a backup folder for all save files in case they get corrupted. Here's how you can restore your save files:
- Go to "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Red Dot Games\Car Mechanic Simulator 2021\Backup" folder on your hard drive
- Copy all the files in the Backup folder
- Go to "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Red Dot Games\Car Mechanic Simulator 2021\Save" folder
- Paste in all copied files into the Save folder
Now try to start the game and load your save files, and everything should be fine.
There are many reasons why save files get corrupted randomly, but one of the most common causes is the presence of custom game modifications that may disrupt some of the game's system files.
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 Xbox One Crash Fix
Console players also report the game crashing bugs connected to the corrupted save files, but only on Xbox One console. The Xbox Series X/S users don't have this game crashing issue.
If you're experiencing the game crashing on Xbox One during gameplay, then consider the following:
- Change the difficulty mode from Normal to Expert or vice versa
- Save the new file on the new chosen difficulty mode
- Keep playing and saving the game only on the new mode
If you try to switch difficulty modes on different save files, then this may corrupt them and crash the game. So choose one new mode and don't change it in the course of the game.
Another reason for corrupted save files on Xbox One console could be the issues with Microsoft servers. But in this case, all you can do is wait for them to fix these internal bugs.
That's everything you need to know on how to fix crashing in Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 both on PC and Xbox. For more related guides,please visit our dedicated hub page right here.