Yo-Kai Watch 2: How to Get the Superstar Soul
Yo-Kai Watch 2 added a new feature called Soulcery. It involves turning Yo-Kai into equip items called Souls. You can view more info on how this works in my Soulcery guide.
One Soul is very helpful and that is the Superstar Soul. This soul increases your chance to befriend Yo-Kai. This is fantastic because it can be a real pain to get a Yo-Kai to join you and you can waste hours trying to do so.
I'm going to help by explaining the best method at getting the required Yo-Kai for making the Superstar Soul.
This guide will go over how to get the Superstar Soul in Yo-Kai Watch 2 including:
- Superstar Soul Requirements - What you need to get the Soul.
- How to Get the Superstar Soul - Step by step process to getting everything needed for this Soul.
Superstar Soul Requirements
You can get the Superstar Soul by fusing a Pinkipoo Soul with a Cupistol Soul.
- When you go to the Soulcery monk in Harrisville, select strengthen soul.
- When you choose to strengthen either the Pinkipoo or Cupistol Soul with the other, it will tell you a new soul will form.
- This is the Superstar Soul.
Getting each of these is a little tricky, so I'm going to tell you exactly how to do it.
How to Get the Superstar Soul
Before starting, you will need at least a C-Rank Yo-Kai Watch.
Let's start with Cupistol. You can get lucky and get him from the Crank-a-kai, but there is an easier way to get him.
You will need Illoo for this. Illoo is a C-Rank Yo-Kai that you can find in the trees and telephone poles in Harrisville. His favorite food is Bread, so make sure you buy some at the Bakery in Uptown Springdale if you don't have any.
- Once you have Illoo, head to the right of the Office in Downtown Springdale.
- Use your Yo-Kai Watch to reveal a Baffle Board. The answer is Illoo.
When you place Illoo here, you will unlock extra floors in the Office building nearby.
- Head inside and take the elevator to one of the vacant office floors.
- You will see either Cupistol or Chatalie romaing these floors. Chatalie can also have Cupistol in the battle.
Cupistol likes Sweets, so head to the Cafe if you don't have any.
After you get Cupistol, you only need Pinkipoo.
How to Get Pinkipoo
Pinkipoo is the evolved form of Shmoopie, so that's what we need first.
You can find Shmoopie in trees in downtown Springdale. It is C rank, so just keep going around until you see a C Rank in a tree.
It loves Burgers, so go to the Burger Shop and buy Nom Burgers if you can afford it.
Now that you finally have Shmoopie, there is one more thing you need: the Love Scepter.
You can buy this for 750 points at the Jungle Hunter building in the southern part of Uptown Springdale. You get points by trading in bugs and fish to the guy at the front desk.
You can go fish and catch bugs on your own if you don't have a lot of money, or you can go to the nearby Fish Market and just buy some fish to trade in.
If you are going to buy the fish, you need around $144. Buy about 40-43 Mackeral and that should be enough to trade in for 750 points.
Once you have the Love Scepter, the hard part is done. Time to get Pinkipoo!
Fusing and the Superstar Soul
- Go to the Shoten Temple in Blossom Heights for Yo-Kai Fusion.
- Fuse the Love Scepter with Shmoopie and you will get Pinkipoo.
- Head to the Temple of Virtue in Harrisville for Soulcery.
- Turn Pinkipoo and Cupistol into Souls.
- Select Strengthen Soul and pick the Pinkipoo and Cupistol Souls for fusion to get the Superstar Soul.
Now you will befriend Yo-Kai a lot easier. It does not stack with Popularity, so it is best to give it to a Yo-Kai that does not have this ability.
I noticed a difference immediately once I had this soul and it makes getting Yo-Kai a lot easier.
That's all for the guide on how to get the Superstar Soul in Yo-Kai Watch 2. Let me know if you have any questions!