Transformers: Earth Wars - Base Management Guide
Transformers: Earth Wars focuses on constructing the very best base possible while upgrading your robots to the extreme. Developers SpaceApe and Backflip Studios have created a nostalgic experience for everyone on mobile devices.
We previously helped you kicked things off with our Starter Guide, but now we're delving more into the Base Management aspect of the game.
- Resources: Make sure you're worrying about your resources first and foremost. You want to ensure your harvesting structures and storage areas are fully constructed and upgraded to the maximum level allowed by your HQ. Once this has been completed, then opt for more defenses. The more resources you can stockpile in the early game, the more likely you will be able to build and upgrade buildings and units later on.
- Obstacles: When you first start the game, a lot of trees and rocks will block your construction paths. Leave these be! Instead, build around them for now unless you are in dire need of more space. Obstacles for you are obstacles for opponents, too!
- Close Defense: When constructing your base's defenses, be sure to put them close together. Not so close that they are vulnerable to an enemy bombing, but enough so they are within range of each other. This allows them to focus their fire on enemies while keeping them out of trouble.
- "Under 5 Minutes" Rule: Make use of the "under 5 minutes" rule on buildings. Basically, any piece of construction with less than five minutes on its build timer can be rushed completely free. Take advantage as often as possible.
- Walled Up: Use walls to the best of your ability! Learn which of your defenses can benefit from a nice wall and which ones won't benefit. Putting a mortar, for example, behind a wall makes it harder for an enemy to pop it out of commission.
- Cyber Coins: We previously mentioned Cyber Coins in our first Earth Wars beginner's guide. These are infinitely useful to the player. Save them up to purchase a third Build Bot as quickly as possible. This may take a while, but can be worth it in the long run, as you can build/upgrade structures and defenses in threes.
- Alliance: Players should opt to join an alliance early on. Alliances sometimes take part in wars, which earn you really great rewards. You can also chat with other players while waiting for something to happen.
Transformers: Earth Wars actually has a lot of strategy for a free-to-play mobile game. Our Starter Guide and this Base Management guide should put you ahead of the competition.