AcheAge Skill Set Guide - Battlerage
With the way the ArcheAge class system works, players will need to know what each skill set brings to the table. In my first series of ArcheAge guides I'll cover each skill set and what they offer.
In this guide I'll focus on Battlerage. Battlerage has an even balance of offensive and defensive skills, making it the perfect building block for all melee builds. Most frontline fighters should consider adding this to their build. I recommend Battlerage for your tanks and assassins as well. Some good builds for Battlerage are Battlerage/Defense/Vitalism or Battlerage/Defense/Auramancy for tanking. I like Battlerage/Shadowplay/Occultism for a mid to frontline fighter with AoE damage.
Here I'll list all the skills of Battlerage and what they do. I'll split the lists up between active skills and passive skills to make the list easier to read.
These are your attacks, heals, or defensive abilities depending on the skill set.
- Triple Slash: Inflicts damage and puts the target in a state of "Weakness." The first strike just inflicts damage and the debuff. The second inflicts additional damage if enemy is tripped. The third does extra area damage. The skill has a chance to reset Rush.
- Charge: The caster jumps to the target and causes physical damage and inflicts Snare lasting 3.5s, 50% duration in PvP.
- Whirlwind Slash: Deals AoE physical damage in a circle around the user.
- Sunder Earth: Smashes open a fault line to deal physical damage to all enemies in its path and decrease their move speed by 60% for 4 seconds. All Allies along the fault gain Earth Energy, reducing received damage by 20% for 7 seconds. Gives 1-3 stacks of Inspired.
- Lasso: Pulls and Taunts a distant enemy forcing them to attack the caster for 4 seconds, regardless of other Aggro.
- Terrifying Roar: Increases the duration of Stun, Trip, Fear, Snare, Shackle, Sleep, Impale, and Slow by 10%. Also Weakens enemies within 5 meters for 7 seconds. Toughens the caster, reducing the duration of debuffs.
- Bondbreaker: Removes Snare, Slow, Launched, Lassitude, and Telekinesis effects from caster and grants immunity to them for 3 seconds.
- Precision Strike: Delivers a powerful attack that deals physical damage. Increases Critical Damage by 300%. Backstabbing increases Melee Critical Rate by 40%.
- Frenzy: Increases Melee Attack and Magic Attack by 30 each time damage is received and absorbs 21% of all Magic Damage. Reduces Physical Defense by 10% each time damage is dealt. Lasts 35 seconds, then inflicts Stun from exhaustion for 4 seconds.
- Battle Focus: Releases tension. Decreases cooldown of Battlerage skills by 30% and increases Parry chance by 28% for 20 seconds. Doesn't trigger a global cooldown.
- Tiger Strike: Launches a rush past an enemy dealing physical damage. If other enemies are nearby this can continue up to 5 times. Can't be countered with Evasion, Block, or Parry.
- Behind Enemy Lines: Triggers a high leap that lands at a designated site, deals Physical Damage and Snares enemies. Can cancel the Shackled debuff. Snare duration reduced by 50% in PvP.
Passive skills require a certain amount of skill points used within the set to allow point allocation into them. Passive skills buff the skill set once you unlock them, allowing for easier combat. In addition to the skill's effect, I'll list how many spent points are needed before you can allocate points to the passive skill.
- Weapon Maneuvers: Increases Melee Attack by 5%. (Requires 2 points spent in Battlerage.)
- Dual-Wield Proficiency: When dual-wielding, Parry deflects Ranged Attacks as well. Increases Melee Crit Rate by 8%. (Requires 4 points spent in Battlerage.)
- Attack Speed Training: Decreases Battlerage skill cooldown by 10%. (Requires 6points spent in Battlerage.)
- Deflect and Retaliate: Permanently increases the Parry rate by 2%; each successful parry resets the cooldown on all Battlerage skills. Can't be triggered more than every three seconds. (Requires 7 points spent in Battlerage.)
- Reckless Charge: Decreases the duration of Shackle, Move Speed Reducion, Snare, and Impared by 15% and increases your move speed by 40% for 3 seconds after using Charge, Tiger Strike, and Behind Enemy Lines. (Requires 8 points spent in Battlerage.)
- Puncture: Melee Critical attacks decrease the target's Physical Defense by 2000 for 5 seconds. (Requires 9 points spent in Battlerage.)
- Weapon Mastery: Increases Battlerage skill damage by 15%. (Requires 10 points spent in Battlerage.)
I hope this gives a clear view of what the Battlerage skill set offers your build. For more guides on ArcheAge check my content directory.