Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - Eclipse Easter Eggs Guide
“Zetsubou No Shima”, the new zombie map in the latest Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 – Eclipse DLC, contains some really cool easter eggs. Most of them are quite tricky to find, but this guide will help you out with every step on the way.
Some of the easter eggs resemble the ones from the previous DLC pack – “Awakening” and its zombie map, titled “Der Eisendrache”. However, the rest are unique to “Zetsubou No Shima”.
Dead Flowers Secret Song
Similarly to the “Dead Again” secret song from the previous DLC, this one can be activated after you find all three stuffed monkeys on the “Zetsubou No Shima” map.
The first of the three monkeys is located downstairs of the Division 9 room in the bunker. That is the back room with a hospital bed near the skull altar.
Then, go to Lab B and enter room #2, which is upstairs – the second monkey will be lying at the spotlight.
The last stuffed toy can be found in Lab A at the pool with contaminated water on top of the metal generator. However, you will need 1,000 points to open the gate leading to the pool.
As soon as you have all three monkeys, you will hear the song in the video below.
In “Zetsubou No Shima” you can find different kinds of spores – some of them are filled with oxygen, while others contain poisonous toxins. If you inhale these hallucinogenic spores, you will experience some intense graphical glitches.
You can find orange glowing spores all over the map, so first thing you need to do is to clear the area off of all zombies. Then, hit the spores with melee weapon and stand in the cloud of released orange gas for some time. The effects will start pretty soon by changing your character's perception, and don’t be surprised when you hear strange voices, too.
You can also visit certain spots on the map under the influence of hallucinogens, where you will see some scary things happening:
- The first one is upstairs in Lab A in the room with a workbench that has a caution sign hanging on the wall.
- The second one is also upstairs in the workbench room, but this time in Lab B.
- The final place to hallucinate is the Element 115 backroom in the bunker.
Samantha's Lullaby Secret Song
Another secret song easter egg can be found underneath the bunker in the already mentioned Element 115 room.
Enter the door to the right of the chalkboard inside the bunker and go all the way to the left. When you reach the end of the hallway you will notice a pond of purple water and some strange-looking bulbs hanging on the wall.
Now, you need to use a bucket and fill it up with the purple water from the pond. Then, you have to fill the bulbs with this water in certain order.
Keep in mind that a bucket is divided into three samples, so each of the six bulbs from left to right needs to be filled in the following order:
- 1st bulb – 1 sample (1/3 of bucket)
- 2nd bulb – 3 samples (1 full bucket)
- 3rd bulb – 5 samples
- 4th bulb – 6 samples (2 full buckets)
- 5th bulb – 7 samples
- 6th bulb – 5 samples
When all bulbs are filled properly, you will be able to hear Samantha’s secret song.
Seeds of Doubt
This is the final and the main easter egg on the "Zetsubou no Shima" map and it also gives you the last hidden trophy/achievement after you save Captain Takeo Masaki.
First, you need to reach rank 10 with your character, which will grant you an “Anywhere But Here” GobbleGum. You will also need a gas mask, a shield, and two new wonder weapons – Skull of Nan Sapwe and KT-4, which you can obtain by following this guide.
When you have the weapons in your inventory, equip the Skull of Nan Sapwe and head to the Element 115 room in the bunker. There you will see a wall covered with scraps of paper. You need to use the Mesmerize mode of the Skull to reveal the hidden part of the paper that will now allow you to find hidden walls.
Next, go to the elevator room at the bunker’s entrance and use your new ability to reveal a hidden room with an engine that misses three parts. Here’s how to find them:
- Fight the Giant Spider boss located behind the Element 115 room in the bunker, and after defeating him, use your “Anywhere But Here” GobbleGum. This will teleport you to an unknown area with dragon eggs on the floor and the first missing cog from the engine.
- Plant a seed anywhere and water it with purple water several times, then hit it with your KT-4 weapon. As a result a missile will appear which you can load in a special gun located on the bunker’s roof. Wait a bit and you will see a plane flying overhead. Hit the plane with the missile and it will drop the second cog.
- First, you need to charge up your Zombie Shield – here is the guide on how to do it (look for "Assault With Battery" trophy). Go to the zipline controller near Lab A and electrocute it several times with your charged shield. Then, use the zipline which will send you over the secret dock area with the third missing cog.
Lastly, go back to the hidden generator room and fix it with the missing parts that you’ve just collected. Use the elevator to go down and fight the final boss. Also, don’t forget to put on your gas mask, as the area is filled with poisonous gas.
This would end the walkthrough of the “Zetsubou no Shima” map in the Eclipse pack, and it’s now time to wait for another DLC that will offer a new exciting adventure and some more multiplayer maps.
Come back soon for more Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 guides at GameSkinny!