Mass Effect Andromeda Guide: How to Change your Armor
Of all the games in the Mass Effect series, Mass Effect: Andromeda gives you unparalleled customization. This includes changing your weapons and armor. Armor can also be customized by changing the color and patterns you see on it.
The game doesn't tell you exactly where to do this, so I'm here to briefly go over how to change and customize your armor.
How to Change Armor in Mass Effect: Andromeda
You cannot change armor whenever you want if you are in the field, unless an enemy drops a new piece of armor. When they do, you get the option to equip it right there. If you don't you will have to wait.
Besides that, there are a few places you can freely change your armor.
- On your ship, the Tempest
- This is near the front of your ship. Just head towards the galaxy map, and go to the room on your left. You will find a loadout station that lets you change and mod all your gear, including armor.
- Forward Operating Bases
- As you explore planets, these pods will automatically deploy as you enter the area. One option is to change your loadout. You can also fast travel to any discovered FOB.
- At the start of a planet or important mission
- When you go to a new planet, or start an important mission, the game automatically brings up the loadout menu for you to change anything you want before continuing.
How to Customize Armor
If you want to change the color or pattern on your armor, you can do that too! All you have to do is go to the the Pathfinder Quarters on your ship. You can find this by going down the ladder near the front of the ship. The pathfinder Quarters is the room between the 2 ladders.
When you enter the room, turn left to find the customization station. You can even change your casual outfit.
That's all you need to know to change your armor in Mass Effect Andromeda. Let me know if you have any questions!