MtG: Best Forgotten Realms Combos for Standard and Historic
Each new Magic: The Gathering set brings along some amazing combos that players can use in some ingenious ways, and the latest Adventures in the Forgotten Realms expansion is not an exception. This guide will showcase the best Forgotten Realms combos for standard and historic formats in MtG.
These five combos are very effective and can bring you to victory in just a single turn. If you like playing combo decks and winning as quickly as possible, consider some of the combinations below.
MtG Forgotten Realms Turn Two Kill Combo
The best, the quickest, and most aggressive lethal combo from the Adventures in the Forgotten Realms set is the turn two kill combo with a new Kobold creature.
You will need to the following cards for this combo:
- 1x Minion of the Mighty
- 1x Terror of Mount Velus
- 2x Infuriate
The combo can be achieved as early as turn two, if you already have all the pieces in your hand:
- Play Minion of the Mighty
- Cast 2x Infuriate on Minion of the Mighty
- Attack with Minion of the Mighty
- Put Terror of Mount Velus tapped and attacking onto the battlefield
- Deal 22 damage to your opponent
The two copies of Infuriate give Minion of the Mighty six points of damage, which is enough to play Terror of Mount Velus for free, which activates the double damage on all attacking creatures.
MtG Forgotten Realms Invincibility Combo
The new white legendary artifact from the Forgotten Realms set allows you to become invincible and control your game as long as you need.
This combo needs only two cards and six mana to activate:
- 1x The Book of Exalted Deeds
- 1x Faceless Haven
The invincibility combo can be achieved by following these steps:
- Play Faceless Haven
- Cast The Book of Exalted Deeds
- Pay three snow mana to turn Faceless Haven into a 4/3 creature
- Pay three white mana to put the enlightened counter on Faceless Haven
If your opponent can't remove the creature or the land of Faceless Haven, then you will not be able to lose the game. If you want to win the game, all you need is to remove or sacrifice Faceless Haven yourself.
MtG Forgotten Realms Infinite Dice Roll Combo
You can easily control your luck with this cool dice rolling combo in both standard and historic formats.
This combo involves the following cards:
- 4x Delina, Wild Mage
- 4x Pixie Guide
- 4x Barbarian Class
The infinite dice roll combo can be achieved by increasing your chances of rolling a number equal or higher than 15 on your D20:
- Play Delina, Wild Mage
- Play Barbarian Class
- Play Pixie Guide
- Attack with Delina, Wild Mage
- Target Pixie Guide with her ability
- If you roll 15+ on your D20, copy Pixie Guide
- Attack with the new Pixie Guide token
- Rinse and repeat steps 5-7
Each new copy of Pixie Guide will allow you to roll the dice over and over again with the following chances, making more and more attacking tokens:
- 1x Pixie Guide = 14% infinite
- 3x Pixie Guide = 75% infinite
- 6x Pixie Guide = 91% infinite
- 8x Pixie Guide = 96% infinite
- 12x Pixie Guide = 99% infinite
- 19x Pixie Guide = 99.9% infinite
As you see, your chances of going infinite are rather high, so try to play as many copies of Barbarian Class as you can to increase your initial chances.
MtG Forgotten Realms Tasha's Mill Combo
Mill decks never had the chance to actually mill an opponent in a single turn, but with the release of the Forgotten Realms set it is now very much possible.
The new mill combo consists of the following pieces:
- 1x Tasha's Hideous Laughter
- 4x Dual Strike
- 4x Teach by Example
- 1x Double Vision
Tasha's mill combo can be achieved with the help of this simple sequence:
- Play Double Vision enchantment
- Cast Tasha's Hideous Laughter
- Copy Tasha's Hideous Laughter using Double Vision
- Cast Dual Strike targeting Tasha's Hideous Laughter
- Cast Teach by Example targeting Tasha's Hideous Laughter
The more copies of Dual Strike and Teach by Example you can cast, the higher is your chance to mill your opponent in a single turn with the help of Tasha's Hideous Laughter.
MtG Infinite Dungeon Combo (Only Historic)
Venture into the dungeon mechanic can be very powerful in the right deck. You can actually go infinite with it, and all you need to do is never finish the Tomb of Annihilation dungeon.
This combo requires only two cards that are legal in historic format:
- 1x Acererak the Archlich
- 1x Omniscience
The combo is very simple and looks like this:
- Play Omniscience enchantment
- Play Acererak the Archlich for free
- Return Acererak the Archlich to your hand
- Venture into the dungeon
- Choose any room except the last one in Tomb of Annihilation dungeon
- Rinse and repeat steps 2-5
Those are the best Forgotten Realms combos for standard and historic formats in MtG. For more Magic: The Gathering content, card lists, and guides, head over to our MtG hub page here.