The level of difficulty in Diablo 4 depends on the World Tier of your choice. While the full release of the game scheduled for summer 2023 will have four World Tiers, the open beta that caps at level 25 has only two of them. Our guide will show you how to change and increase World Tiers in Diablo 4.
The two available World Tiers or difficulty settings in Diablo 4 are the following:
- Adventurer (World Tier 1) is a traditional easy mode that will suit most players, especially the ones who are not familiar with the Diablo franchise and its mechanics.
- Veteran (World Tier 2) is a traditional normal mode for players who already know how to play a Diablo game, and thus can opt for a harder challenge within the game.
Note that World Tier 2 also provides all players with a 20% boost to XP and 15% increase to gold. Typically, players select one of the two World Tiers at the start of the game.
If you wish to change the World Tier during gameplay, making it easier or harder for yourself, then follow these steps:
- Approach and interact with the statue of Inarius in Kyovashad.
- Select a World Tier you wish to switch to in the new menu.
- Confirm your choice by pressing “Confirm” button.
You may notice that Nightmare and Torment World Tiers are locked until the full release of the game.
That’s everything you need to know on how to change and increase World Tiers in Diablo 4, and be sure to check out more Diablo 4 tips and tricks articles right here.
Featured image via Blizzard Entertainment