As part of the Team GO Rocket Takeover event in Pokemon GO, all leaders had their Pokemon teams changed, including Sierra. As part of the event, you need to defeat the three leaders, Cliff, Sierra, and Arlo, in order to face off against Giovanni. This is how to beat Team GO Rocket Leader Sierra.
Team GO Rocket Leader Sierra’s Team
Sierra starts off any battle with her new Shadow Murkrow. The Dark / Flying type makes it weak to Rock, Electric, Fairy and Ice moves. Gardevoir, Jolteon, Zekrom and Rampardos are all good choices to send out first.
The second member of Sierra’s team will be Staraptor, Steelix or Swampert.
- Staraptor is a Normal/Flying Pokemon making Electric, Ice and Rock type Pokemon the perfect counters. Galarian Darmanitan, Zekrom or Rampardos would work well against it.
- Steelix is weak to Fire, Water, Fighting and Ground due to being a Steel/Ground type Pokemon. To exploit those weaknesses, employ Reshiram, Blaziken, or Conkeldurr for this showdown.
- Swampert‘s counters are any Grass Pokemon of equal strength. Take Kartana, Roserade, or Venusaur to this fight.
The third and final Pokemon for Sierra will either be Charizard, Houndoom, or Dragonite.
- Charizard is a Fire/Flying dual type, making Rock type Pokemon the best to exploit weaknesses. Along with Rock Pokemon, Water and Electric will also be effective. Rampardos, Tyranitar, and Golem are good choices to include on your team.
- Houndoom will have the roughest time against Fighting, Ground, Rock or Water Pokemon. Conkeldurr, Primarina, or Lucario will do well against it.
- Dragonite‘s biggest counter is any Ice type Pokemon, but is also weak to Fairy, Dragon and Rock attacks. Galarian Darmanitan, Weavile, or Rampardos will be good to take into battle.
As with the other Team GO Rocket Leaders, you will want to look at what the most weaknesses are amongst the potential Pokemon Sierra could use. Ice and Rock Pokemon will hit most weaknesses, with the third member of the team being able to take out the rest.
Rewards for Defeating Sierra
Once you beat Sierra, you will obtain 1,000 Stardust, your Hero Medal will level up and you will receive two of the following:
- 4x Revives
- 2x Max Revives
- 4x Hyper Potions
- 2x Max Potions
- 1x Unova Stone
- 1x 12km Egg
With this information in mind, you should be able to beat Sierra without too much trouble. For more on Pokemon GO, check out our ever-growing collection of Pokemon GO guides, including how to beat Cliff.
Featured image via Niantic