Sometimes you just want to watch the world burn. Or get covered in a nice coat of snow. Provided you have the Seasons expansion pack for The Sims 4, you can change the weather, the season, and even the season’s forecast. We’re going to go over how to change the weather and more in this guide.
You need a certain piece of furniture to change the weather in The Sims 4, that being Dr. June’s Weather Control Device.
How to Get Dr. June’s Weather Control Device
Dr. June’s Weather Control Device can be found in the Outdoor Activities section of Buy Mode, and costs $1,500 Simoleons. However, it is only available if you own the Seasons expansion pack.
How to Change the Weather in The Sims 4
Any Sim can use Dr. June’s Weather Control Device and try to change the weather, but only particularly handy Sims can succeed at it regularly. Sims with low Handiness may fail at using the machine, and may sometimes be electrocuted.
You have to upgrade the machine to use it in full, and you need a Sim with the required Handiness level to use the upgrades.
The full list of upgrades to the device and the Handiness skill levels required are:
- Climatic Hydrator — Increases the success rate of altering rainy and snowy weather. (Req. Handiness 2)
- Gyroscope Durability — Dr. June’s Weather Control Device will break less often. (Req. Handiness 2)
- Humidity Chiller — Increases the success rate of altering cold and snowy weather. (Req. Handiness 2)
- Moisture Vaporator — Increases the success rate of sky-clearing weather interactions. (Req. Handiness 2)
- Capacitive Efficiency — Allows you to choose the appropriate weather for the season, increasing the chances of it appearing. (Req. Handiness 3)
- Self-Repairing Nanites — Makes the machine impossible to break. (Req. Handiness 5)
- Temporal Modifier Unit — Allows you to change the season. (Req. Handiness 8)
No cheats or anything needed! With all this in mind and a handy Sim, you can control your neighborhood’s weather in all sorts of ways. If you found this guide useful, check out our other guides for The Sims 4.