If you’ve found the alternative, hidden stage in Risk of Rain 2, you may be wondering how to escape the Planetarium. It’s a requirement for the challenge of the same name, but getting out isn’t immediately clear. Our guide tells you how to escape Planetarium in Risk of Rain 2 and helps you find your way in and out. This final stage of the game involves not only platforming but also a boss fight with the Voidling.
Risk of Rain 2: How to Escape Planetarium
- You can escape Planetarium in Risk of Rain 2 by defeating the boss, Voidling.
- After beating the boss, you’ll need to go through a portal and finish some platforming sections.
Below, I go into greater detail about finding Planetarium, the steps you must take to reach Voidling, and how to beat the boss.
How to Find Planetarium
First, enter a Purple Portal to make your way through the Void Fields and get to the Planetarium. There’s a Purple Portal in the Bazaar Between Time, in a tunnel underneath the Blue Portal within the Bazaar. It’s not your only option to encounter a Purple Portal, though.
A Purple Portal may spawn after you clear a teleporter event. Some say this only happens on a loop, but it’s truly random. I’ve encountered one Purple Portal pre-loop, but… only one.
Alternatively, and strangely enough, you can also get a Purple Portal by killing Mithrix and petting a purple frog at the start of the stage. This is the most effort-intensive option and requires 10 Lunar Coins to do. Simply kill Mithrix and run back to the start of the stage as you would otherwise, and pet the frog instead of charging your ship.
Enter the Void Locus
You should make sure to have some recovery items before attempting this. To enter the Void Locus, you need to follow these steps:
- Breach all nine cells in the Void Fields.
- Fight all enemy waves.
- Approach the Null Portal.
- Wait for the Void Portal to open next to it.
- Choose the Void Locus realm.
Once, you’re inside the Void Locus, you’ll get the chance to finally enter The Planetarium if you do the following:
- Activate all four Deep Void Signals (similar to Void Fields cells).
- Fight all enemy waves.
- Wait for another Void Portal to spawn at the top level of Void Locus.
- Enter the portal to the Planetarium.
Defeat the Voidling
Now you can finally fight the alternate boss, Voidling, and escape Planetarium. Here are a few tips on how to defeat him:
- Use your sniper rifle to aim at his eye for maximum damage.
- You can easily dodge his projectiles, as they’re quite slow.
- Look out for a cover, once he shoots his laser.
- If you see him rotating, take cover, since an even larger laser shot coming in.
- Also take cover, once he activates his Black Hole that sucks everything in.
There are three phases in total; at the end of each, you must go through portals and finish platforming stages. You’ll also encounter some imps and lemurians that you need to fight off. But other than that, all phases follow the same pattern. Once you enter the final portal after defeating Voidling, the “Escape the Planetarium” challenge will be complete.
Now you know how to escape Planetarium in Risk of Rain 2. For more Risk of Rain 2 tips and tricks articles, please visit our dedicated hub page.