Nuclear Throne is an explosive game — literally. The game is full of blasts to keep you entertained. And there is no better way to enjoy a game like this than with friends.
However, developer Vlambeer never added true multiplayer to the game. But as is usually the case, the modding community has come to the rescue. Modder YellowAfterLife has created a multiplayer functionality for Nuclear Throne. You won’t find it on the Steam Workshop, though, so you need to pick it up from his website.
This guide will go over how you can set up this mod so you and your friends can play from the comfort of your own homes. In order to do this, you must own Nuclear Throne through Steam, GOG, or Humble — basically, the game has to be in your Steam Library.
Here’s the step-by-step instructions for getting this mod up and running.
- Download the Nuclear Throne Together (NTT) Mod
- Locate Nuclear Throne in your Steam Library and right click on it.
- Pick Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files
- Extract the Nuclear Throne Together Mod into Nuclear Throne’s Directory folder.
- Run “NTT-Assemble.exe”. Doing this will back up your old executable, and the NTT will replace it.
That’s all there is to it! Enjoy all the high-powered chaos with your friends. And stay tuned to GameSkinny for more Nuclear Throne guides to help you out with this game.