There are a few platforms you can play Genshin Impact on these days, and one of them might be a surprise. Did you know you can explore the world of Teyvat on your Steam Deck? You can, and in this guide we’re going to go over how to play Genshin Impact on your Steam deck.
How to Play Genshin Impact on Steam Deck
Being that the Steam Deck is specifically designed to play Steam games, you’ll need to jump through a few hoops if you want to play Genshin Impact on Valve’s handheld platform.
With a bit of tweaking, you’ll be able to play Genshin Impact on your Steam Deck whenever you like. The process involves installing a new operating system, so you’ll an USB drive before you start. Here’s how to go about installing the game on your device.
- Follow Microsoft’s official guide to make a bootable drive on your USB drive.
- Plug the USB drive into your Steam Deck.
- Open the Boot Manager by holding down the Power and Volume Down button simultaneously.
- Select USB drive and restart your Steam Deck.
- Follow the Windows installation instructions when your device reboots – this will delete the SteamOS that comes with your Steam Deck.
- Download the Genshin Impact launcher via the Epic Games Store or the official website.
- Install and play the game.
That is how to install Genshin Impact on your Steam Deck. While it may be time consuming, if you really want to play on your Steam Deck it’ll be worth the effort. For more Genshin Impact guides, like Layla’s Hangout Event, or how to solve the Kory Drum Puzzles, check out our guides hub.
Featured image via HoYoverse.