The heart of Elden Ring is its gameplay and the difficulty of it. To get through battles more efficiently, you’ll need to use the correct spells and skills at the right moment. To use these spells and skills, you’ll need to use Focus Points, or FP for short. More FP means you’ll be able to use more skills and cast more spells consecutively. Here’s how you utilize FP and increase it in Elden Ring.
How to Restore FP in Elden Ring
There are multiple ways to restore character FP in Elden Ring. The most common way is by resting at a Site of Grace. Other ways include consuming items and equipping the correct armor and accessories. Some equipment pieces even offer a slight MP restore when you meet certain conditions.
Here are some of the items that can restore your FP:
- Flask of Cerulean Tears: Restores up to a maximum of 220 FP.
- Flask of Wondrous Physick (Cerulean Crystal Tear): Restores 50% of FP.
- Starlight Shards: Restores 2 FP per second for 60 seconds.
Here is the list of equipment that restores your FP:
- Assassin’s Cerulean Dagger.
- Ancestral Spirit’s Horn.
- Sacrificial Axe.
- Sword Of Milos.
How to Increase Max FP in Elden Ring
If you want to perform or cast multiple skills or spells consecutively without worrying about your FP, your best bet is to increase your max FP. You can increase your max focus points by increasing your Mind stat or equipping certain weapons, armor, talismans, or runes.
Here is the list of equipment that directly increases your Focus Points:
- Cerulean Amber Medallion: Raises FP depending on the variant.
- Radahn’s Great Rune: Raises HP, Stamina, and FP by 15%.
- Godrick’s Great Rune: Increases all attributes by 5.
- Marika’s Scarseal: Increases mind, intelligence, faith, and arcane but lessens your defense.
- Preceptor’s Big Hat: Increases mind but decreases stamina.
- Navy Hood: Increases mind.
Other Ways of Maximizing FP
A lot of equipment in Elden Ring can further maximize your Focus Point usage. They mainly contribute by decreasing the amount of FP consumption. Some may be detrimental to your other stats, while some only reduce FP consumption with specific skills.
Here is the list of equipment that reduces FP consumption:
- Primal Glinstone Blade: Spell FP consumption lowered but reduced maximum HP.
- Glintstone Scarab: Lowers FP consumption by Sorcery skills but increases damage taken.
- Incantation Scarab: Lowers FP consumption of Incantation skills but increases damage taken.
- Ash-of-War Scarab: Lowers FP Consumption of skills, but increases damage taken.
- Carian Fillgreed Crest: Lowers FP consumption in general.
With that, you now know a number of ways by which to restore FP and increase your max Focus Points in Elden Ring. For more help with FromSoftware’s latest action RPG, head over to our Elden Ring guides page.
Featured image via FromSoftware.