Kirby Triple Deluxe has a ton of secrets, some of which are a little hard to find. This game is classic Kirby, but with enhancements to fit into the modern era. It makes good use of the 3D feature with enemies, and even Kirby, flying into the screen. You can switch between the background and foreground at certain times and often there are hidden things to find.
From the first level, it is clear that you need certain Kirby abilities to reach some secret areas and gather keychains or sun stones. This guide will cover the keychain and sun stone locations in the very first level, 1-1, but I will cover every level in the game eventually.
This guide will go over every keychain and sun stone location in level 1-1 including:
- First Keychain Location – Where it is and how to get it.
- Second Keychain Location – Where it is and how to get it.
- First Sun Stone Location – Where it is and how to get it.
- Second Sun Stone Location – Where it is and how to get it.
- Rare Keychain Location – Where it is and how to get it.
First Keychain Location
The first one is hidden in the background. The area right after you fight the fire enemy has a secret background to reach.
- You must have either Sword or Fire Kirby to reach it because beam Kirby can’t destroy grass. I don’t know about you, but I think beams are strong enough to destroy grass, oh well.
- Destroy the grass until you see a warp star. Jump on it to reach the background.
- Go to the far left and destroy the grass to get the first keychain.
Second Keychain Location
The next one is shortly after getting the first keychain.
- Follow the path until you take the next warp star.
- After warping to the background, follow the path left until you see the keychain under the floor.
- Just drop under the floor by pressing down to reach it.
First Sun Stone Location
You can’t miss this one because you have to get it to move on.
- After getting Hypernova, swallow the first tree to reveal the first Sun Stone.
Second Sun Stone Location
This one is in the giant stone block area.
- Use Hypernova to pull the first stone block into the hole, then pull the second one to the left.
- Jump on the stone block, then face the left. Pull the stone block to the right to make it fall and get the Sun Stone.
Rare Keychain Location
This one is right after the wrecking ball. This one is tricky if you don’t know what to do.
- When you see the wrecking ball, you have to use Hypernova to pull it back and knock the wall out-of-the-way.
- If you pull it back until it starts glowing, it will knock the wall over. Oh no, it blocks the secret keychain you say? That is a problem.
- To fix this, pull the wrecking ball all the way back after it starts glowing until it stops. If you pull it back enough it will destroy the wall instead of knocking it over. Now you can get the rare keychain.
That’s all of the locations of keychains and sun stones in level 1-1. Nothing too hard, except for the tricky rare keychain. As you can see, there are many ways to find things in this game and it’s fun finding out how to get something. I’ll be here though if you get stumped or want to check to make sure you didn’t miss anything.
If you have any questions, or suggestions, please let me know in the comments below!