Vehicles are one of the most exciting things you can make in LEGO Fortnite. They’re an introduction to a neat and creative mechanical system, akin to Redstone in Minecraft. Here’s how to make vehicles and use them in LEGO Fortnite.
How to Make Vehicles and Use Them in LEGO Fortnite
Besides Blast Powder, which I recommend getting by fighting Pirate Skeletons in the Beach biome at night, all the materials used for vehicles are quite common. The most frequently used one is Flexwood, which comes from Cacti in the Dry Valley desert biome. You’ll need to use these various materials to craft the following items we’ll use to make vehicles:
- Dynamic Platform (The crucial object for all vehicles).
- Activation Switch.
- Small Wheel.
- Small Thruster.
- Small Ballon (for Flying Vehicles).
- Large Ballon (for Flying Vehicles).
With these objects, we’ll be able to create three types of vehicles: a boat, a car, and a flying vehicle. Here’s how to make all of them.
How to Make a Car in LEGO Fortnite
The car is the simplest vehicle you can create in LEGO Fortnite, and it’s quite easy to do. Here’s a step-by-step process:
- First place down a Dynamic Platform.
- Then, place four Small Wheels on each corner of the platform.
- You’ll also need one or two Small Thrusters on the back edge of the platform.
- Finally, place an Activation Switch on the top of the platform.
- Climb on and hit the switch.
The thrusters will activate and propel the vehicle forward in the direction of the thrusters. As of now, I haven’t found a way to steer a car, though I’m sure it’s possible in some way. I’ll update you with anything I discover.
A moving car will destroy any lesser terrain piece it passes through, like small trees or rocks, causing them to drop their resources. However, the car will stop if it hits a larger tree or a stone cliff. In addition, you can toggle the Activation Switch on or off to stop at any time.
How to Make a Boat in LEGO Fortnite
A boat is essentially similar to a car, but it doesn’t require wheels:
- Place a Dynamic Platform in a body of water.
- Place Small Thrusters on the back edge of the platform.
- Put down an Activation Switch on top and activate.
The boat will automatically start moving along a body of water. You can stop a boat by turning off the thrusters or hitting the Activation Switch.
How to Make an Air Balloon in LEGO Fortnite
You can take to the skies with an Air Balloon flying vehicle, making traversal even easier, as you can fly over harsh terrain and mountains to reach a destination. Here’s how to create it:
- As before, place down a Dynamic Platform on the ground.
- I recommend two or three thrusters on one edge of the platform for better airspeed.
- Option 1: Place four Small Balloons on the top of the platform in each corner.
- Option 2: Place one Large Balloon in the center of the platform.
- The platform will immediately start rising into the air.
- Place down an Activation Switch and hit it to start moving in the direction of your thrusters.
As always, you can’t steer your vehicle without removing thrusters and placing them in another part of the platform. I wouldn’t recommend doing this too much as you won’t get any resources back by breaking down pieces of your vehicle. If you’re using Small Balloons, you can destroy one or two to start descending or all of them to fall down.
We hope this guide on how to make vehicles and use them in LEGO Fortnite has been useful. For more articles like our all quests list or how to upgrade your village, check out our LEGO Fortnite tips library.