Most Multiversus PC players prefer to use gamepad controllers when playing the game, and some of them still use the famous purple Nintendo Gamecube controllers.
If you’re one of them, and you want to know how to use a Gamecube controller in Multiversus, then follow our guide below.
Purchase Gamecube USB Adapter
Unfortunately, Gamecube controllers cannot be used in PC USB ports directly, and that’s why players who wish to use such a controller will have to buy a dedicated USB adapter.
Currently, there are several Gamecube USB adapters on the market, but the best ones are:
- Mayflash GameCube Controller Adapter
- Y-TEAM GameCube Controller Adapter
- Official Nintendo Controller Adapter
The Mayflash 4-port adapter is recommended by many PC players, but it’s up to you which one you wish to purchase.
Install Delfinovin Software
Once you have the USB adapter, you need to download a free recognition software that will adapt the Gamecube controls to your PC system.
Follow these steps for proper controller recognition:
- Download and install Delfinovin software.
- Connect your Gamecube controller to USB adapter.
- Connect USB adapter to your PC.
- Launch Delfnovin app.
The controller should be recognized by the software immediately, if you’ve done everything right. If you’re using Mayflash adapter, try switching between PC and NS ports at the backside.
In case your PC doesn’t recognize your Gamecube controller even after doing everything right, then you need to install an extra software by following these steps:
- Download and install Zadig software.
- Launch Zadig app.
- Go to “Options” menu.
- Select “List All Devices” option.
- Select “WUP-028” code.
- Confirm by pressing “Install“.
Once the driver is ready, repeat the same steps with the Delfinovin software as listed above.
If you play the game in Steam, and you’re still having problems with your Gamecube controller, then here’s what you need to do:
- Launch Steam app.
- Highlight Multiversus in your game library.
- Click on the “Settings” (cog icon).
- Select “Controller” tab.
- Select “Enable Steam Input” from the list.
- Enable both “Nintendo Switch” and “Xbox Controller” options.
This Steam setting will force your Gamecube adapter to work in Multiversus.
Multiversus Gamecube Controls
By default, the Multiversus controls on Gamecube controller will look like this:
- A: Attack.
- B: Special Move.
- X or Y: Jump.
- Z: Neutral Move.
- LT or RT: Dodge or Pick up an item.
If you feel uncomfortable with this set up, then you can change it in the Delfinovin edit window.
- Multiversus: How to Farm Gold Fast
- Multiversus Best Characters Tier List
- Multiversus: How to Unlock Characters
- Multiversus Offline Mode Bug Fix
- Multiversus: Syncing Account Error Fix
That’s all you need to know on how to use a Gamecube controller in Multiversus. For more, click the links or visit our dedicated Multiversus guides page.