Every new MMO game has its fair share of problems at launch and New World from Amazon Games studios is not an exception. Players have been experiencing all sorts of connectivity issues and other bugs when trying to log onto the game servers.
This guide will provide you with a possible fix to the connection error in New World, which doesn’t allow players to enter the server queues. Fortunately there is a solution, which comes from the support team at Amazon Games.
How to Fix Connection Error in New World
If you’re getting the error message screen at the start of the game: “Error Connection @mm_connerr_rep_timeout” or a similar one, then this means that you need to disable a certain feature in your network settings.
This solution comes from the official New World forums user Sanies, who requested help from the Amazon Games support team and got the following answer:
- Press the Start button
- Go to “Settings” menu
- Select “Network and Internet” feature
- Click on “Status” tab
- Go to “Change your network settings“
- Select “Change adapter options” feature
- Right-click on your network connection
- Select “Properties” from the list
- Uncheck the “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” box
You may need to restart your PC after all this, but at the end this should work for you, as it did for so many other New World players.
For some reason the game’s netcode checks for unused internet protocols when trying to log players in, and this creates errors and extremely long server queues.
But now you have the right solution, so you don’t have to waste any more time on trying to fix the connection error in New World.
Check out our other New World guides on GameSkinny:
- New World Best Weapons Tier List
- New World Black Screen Fix
- New World Fiber Farming Guide
- New World Iron Ore Farming Guide
- New World Lag Detected Fix
- New World Faction Overview Guide
- New World Petalcaps Farming Guide
- New World Fae Iron Farming Guide
- New World Territory Standing Overview
- New World Petrified Wood Farming Guide