Outriders Worldslayer introduces a slew of new skills for each of the game’s four classes. Found in the PAX skill trees, these abilities affect everything from damage and defense to build resistances and status effects inflicted upon enemies. All classes have — Devastator, Pyromancer, Technomancer, and Trickster — have two new branches.
These PAX skill trees are found in the Class tab once you reach Level 30. They are nestled between the base game skill trees and the menu for the new Ascension system on the left side of the screen. Here’s what’s new in the PAX trees per their in-game descriptions. Note: PAX skills can be reset just like base skills.
This system is different than the Ascension system, which uses Ascension points to provide passive buffs across four areas and is essentially the new XP system in Worldslayer. If you’re wondering how to get PAX points, we’ve got a guide covering their locations here.
- Hunting Season: Increase your Weapon Damage by 30% and your magazine size by 50%.
- Harvester: Increase your Weapon Leech by 10%. Additionally, increase your Weapon Leech by 2% for every enemy in close range up to 10%.
- Hardened: Increase your Damage Mitigation by 5%. Additionally, increase Damage Mitigation by 2% for every enemy in close range up to 10%.
- Finishing Touch: Increase your Weapon Damage by the percentage of Ammo missing from your magazine. Killing shots replenish 35% of your magazine.
- Armored Division: Increase your Armor Piercing by 20%. Reduce your Kinetic skill cooldowns by 50% of your Armor Piercing value. Affects Gravity Leap, Boulderdash, Endless Mass.
- Against Devastating Odds: Damaging at least three enemies with Kinetic skills grants you 30% Armor Piercing for four seconds. Damaging fewer enemies makes your shots Critical Shots for four seconds. Affects Gravity Leap, Boulderdash, Endless Mass.
- Come One, Come All: Your Kinetic skills remove Effect Resistance from hit Elites. Seven-second cooldown. Affects Gravity Leap, Boulderdash, Endless Mass.
- Elitism: Shots on Elites Reduce incoming damage from Elites by 15% and increase damage against Elites by 30% for five seconds. Five-second cooldown.
- Strange Surgeon: Your shots inflict Bleed. Killing an enemy afflicted with Bleed in close range reduces the ongoing cooldown of Protection skills by 1.5 seconds. Affects: Golem, Reflect Bullets.
- Overwhelming Force: While a Protection skill is active, you release seismic pulses every two seconds that deal damage equal to 40% of your Armor. Affects Golem, Reflect Bullets.
- Impact Point: Your Seismic and Kinetic skill damage is increased by an additional 30% of your Anomaly Power. Bonus damage is split among all damaged enemies. Affects Earthquake, Impale, Tremor, Gravity Leap, Boulderdash, Endless Mass.
- Puncture: Your Seismic skills inflict Bleed. Anomaly Damage to enemies afflicted with Bleed increased by 10%. Affects Earthquake, Impale, Tremor.
- Obliteration: Increase your Anomaly Power and Resistance Piercing by 6%. Each damaged enemy increases the bonus by 3%, up to an additional 9% for three seconds.
- Earthen Shell: Damage dealt with skills is converted to shield.
- Upheaval: Enies damage by Seismic skill become Upheaved for two seconds, storing 10% of damage received during that time and releasing it once the effect ends. Affects Earthquake, Impale, Tremor.
- Multistrike: 30% of damage dealt by Seismic skill is stored and added to your next Seismic skill. The effect resets every time you release your stored damage. Affects Earthquake Impale, Tremor.
- Richter Rising: enemies damaged by both Seismic and Kinetic skills within four seconds receive 15% more damage for four seconds. Affects Earthquake, Impale, Tremor, Gravity Leap, Boulderdash, Endless Mass.
- Energy Transmission: Each enemy damaged by your Kinetic skill increases the damage of your next Seismic skill by 15%. Each enemy damaged by your Seismic skill reduces ongoing cooldowns of your Kinetic skills by 0.5 seconds. Affects Earthquake, Impale, Tremor, Gravity Leap, Boulderdash, Endless Mass.
- Terms of Engagement: 60% of damage dealt by Kinetic skill is stored and added to your next Kinetic skill. The effect resets every time you release your stored damage. Affects Gravity Leap, Boulderdash, Endless Mass.
- Momentum: Each enemy damaged by your Kinetic skill reduces ongoing cooldowns of other Kinetic skills by one second, up to four seconds. Affects Gravity Leap, Boulderdash, Endless Mass.
- Coming in Hot: Deal 15% more damage to enemies above 80% health and 30% more damage to enemies below 30% health.
- Ashen Regalia: Killing Marked enemies increases your Damage Mitigation by 7% for five seconds. Stacks up to three times.
- Ashen Wake: Your shots damage all enemies afflicted with Ash within a four-meter radius of the target, dealing 30% of the damage dealt.
- Hot Streak: Critical shots increase Weapon Damage by 6%. The bonus lasts four seconds and Stacks up to five times.
- Carbonization: Enemies hit by your Immobilize skills receive 20% more Anomaly Damage for four seconds. Affects Feed the Flames and Ash Blast.
- Carbon Footprint: Each enemy hit by Immobilize skills reduces the cooldown of the other Immobilization skills by 0.5 seconds. Affects Feed the Flames and Ash Blast.
- Carbon Ammo: increases your magazine size by 200%.
- Bullet Frenzy: shots with Assault Weapons increase your Weapon Damage by 3%. This effect stacks until you stop shooting.
- Solar Flare: Activating skills increases your Critical Damage by 10% for six seconds. Stacks up to two times.
- Critical Mass: Critical Shots on marked enemies turn all shots to Critical Shots for two seconds.
- Melting Point: Increase your Resistance Piercing by 15% when above 80% health and by 30% when below 40% health.
- Scorched Flesh: Activating Ignite skills increases your Status Power by 10% for five seconds. Stacks up to three times. Affects Heat Wave, Faster Beam, Volcanic Rounds.
- Master Exploder: Explosive skills damage is increased by 100% of your Resistance Piercing. Affects: Thermal Bomb, Overheat, Eruption.
- Convection: Reduce all skill cooldowns by four seconds when all skills are on cooldown. Three-second cooldown.
- Furnace: Increase your Status Power by 15% for every enemy afflicted with Burn. Stacks up to five times.
- Burnt Offerings: Increase your Burn duration by 500% and each consecutive Burn tick on an enemy deals 10% more damage.
- Conduction: Reduce your skill cooldowns by 15%.
- Arsonist: Activating skills has a 30% chance to reset all skills cooldown. Five-second cooldown.
- Backdraft: Your Anomaly Power is increased by 30% for every skill on cooldown.
- Trigger Sequence: Activating Explosive skills increase the damage of the next Explosive skill by 25%. The buff stacks three times, after which it starts anew. Affects Thermal Bomb, Overheat, Eruption.
- Initial Striker: Activating skills increases your Anomaly Power or Firepower by 10% for five seconds, depending on which is higher.
- Brain Dead: Activating Decay or Gadget skills increases your Weapon Damage by 15% for five seconds. Affects Blighted Rounds, Blighted Turret, Cold Snap, Cryo Turret, Fixing Wave.
- Lethal Devices: Your Ordinance and Gadget skills inflict Toxic to enemies hit and deal additional 5% Anomaly Power as damage if Toxic was refreshed. Affects Scrapnel, Cryo Turret, Pain Launcher, Tool of Destruction, Cold Snap, Fixing Wabe.
- Pain Killer: Damaging an enemy grants you 2% Health Regeneration for three seconds. Stacks up to two times.
- Permanence: Inflicting Toxic on an enemy has a 100% chance to inflict a random additional status.
- Dissection: You deal 5% more damage to enemies for every status inflicted on them.
- Necrotic Tissue: Damage against Elite enemies is increased by 20% when using a Sniper weapon.
- Twin Reaper: Sniper weapon shots have a 75% chance to trigger an echo, dealing 25% of the damage dealt by the shot.
- Break Their Ranks: Your Interrupt skills remove effect resistance from hit Elites. Seven seconds cooldown. Affects Scarpnel, Pain Launcher, Tool of Destruction.
- Depleted Core: Your Ordinance skills damage is increased byb100% of your status Power. Affects Scrapnel, Pain Launcher, Tool of Destruction.
- The Undying: Every 5% of your missing health increases your Weapon Leech and Skill Leech by 5%.
- Accelerator: Your Weapon Damage is increased by 100% of your Weapon Leech.
- Override: Your Anomaly Power is increased by 100% of your Skill Leech.
- Apothecary: You pulse every five seconds, healing all players within a 25-meter radius for 2% of all damage done by you between each pulse.
- Purification Protocol: Your turrets pulse in a 25-meter radius, removing up to one negative status effect from you and your Allies.
- Leadseeker: Your turrets pulse in a 25-meter radius, replenishing 30% of Ammo and granting w0% increased damage for five seconds for you and your Allies.
- Biosync: Your Overheal is converted to a three-second health regeneration effect for you and your Allies.
- Kinetic Converter: Critical shots heal the nearest ally for 29% of their max health. If Overheal occurs, the player also receives 30% increased damage for five seconds. Has a five-second cooldown.
- Hastened Influence: Reduce the remaining cooldown of one of your skills by 0.5 seconds for every status removed by you or applied to an enemy by any player.
- Burrowing Charge: Critical Shots inject enemies with an explosive charge for five seconds, dealing 250% of Anomaly Damage as damage upon the next Critical Shot taken. Five-second cooldown.
- Damaged!: Damaging enemies with Damage skills increases your Damage by 10% for five seconds. Affects Temporal Blade, Twisted Rounds, Cyclone Slice.
- Adaptation: Activating skills grants you 15% Anomaly Power or Firepower for five seconds depending on which of them is higher.
- Reactive Shielding: Activating skills increases your Damage Mitigation by 5% for six seconds. Stacks up to three times.
- Phasing: Activating skills grants you 15% Shield and 10% Shield to allies.
- Great Expanse: Extend the distance considered as close range by two meters.
- Quantum Entanglement: All enemies in close range share 10% of your Weapon Damage.
- Harrowing: Increase your Resistance Piercing by 10%. Each enemy in close range increases the bonus by 2% up to an additional 10%.
- Spectral Spike: Damaging skills have a 100% chance to deal additional damage equal to 15% of your Anomaly Power. Consecutive triggers on the same enemy stack, dealing more damage up to 750%. One-second cooldown.
- Superposition: Increase your Damage Mitigation against Elites byb20% during and for three seconds after a Movement skill. Affects Hunt the Prey, Borrowed Time.
- Special Tactics: Damaging Elites increases your Damage against Elites by 3% for three seconds. The effect can occur once per second and stacks up to 10 times.
- Triggerman: Your damage is increased by 15% for each skill on cooldown.
- Cheap Shot: Your class melee skill lowers a damaged enemy’s Armor and resistance by 30% for five seconds.
- Lies, Deception: Activating Deception skills grants you a 15% shield every one second for four seconds. Affects Slow Trap, Venator’s Knife, Time Rift.
- Fail-Safe Protocols: When your health drops below 30% get 50% shield and 20% Damage Mitigation for three seconds. Can be triggered every 10 seconds.
- Rigged Game: Activating skills increases your Critical Damage by 10% for five seconds. Stacks up to two times.
- Infinity Slinger: Sidearm weapons do not consume Ammo during and for four seconds after using a Movement skill. Affects Hunt the Prey, Borrowed Time.
- Power Overwhelming: Increase your Firepower by 40% of your Anomaly Power when using an Assault weapon.
- Perpetuum Trickery: Critical shots increase your Anomaly Power by 10%, stacking up to five times. The stacks are consumed by the next Damage skill you use. Activating Damage skills increases your Assault Weapon Damage by 50% for seven seconds. Affects Temporal Blade, Twisted Rounds, Cyclone Slice.
- Goals Beyond Understanding: Damage done to Elites tagged with Deception skills has a 25% chance to be increased to 200%. Affects Slow Trap, Venator’s Knife, Time Rift.
- Meticulous Schemer: 200% of killing damage on enemies tagged with Deception skills is divided amongst other tagged enemies. Affects Slow Trap, Venator’s Knife, Time Rift.
Now that you have even more build variety for your Outrider through the PAX skill trees, you can use those abilities to push ever higher into Apocalypse Tiers. You’ll be well-suited for tougher enemies in the campaign and new endgame, Trial of Tarya Gratar.