The Rootstock Faire is upon us! The festival, lasting from now until April 1st, features three mini-games to partake in, a fun quest line, and a number of dishes that can only be made during the festival using special ingredients and cooking stations.
One thing to note is that a number of ingredients can only be obtained by following the event-specific questline and completing mini-games. This can be tricky: Only one person can play a mini-game at a time (sans Bamarama) and they are required to be done at least twice to get ingredients, special recipes, and free gold tickets.
Gold tickets are used for the Bamarama betting mini-game. The BAM fights begin at 4PM PST/7PM EST and last until 9PM PST/12AM EST. You can purchase gold tickets and place bets with the bookie NPCs in the arena area during Bamarama. Betting and matches begin every 30 minutes.
If I missed anything in the information below, please let me know. Faire food-related achievements currently appear to be bugged.
Simple Rootstock map
The opaque circles on the map above show where the festival-exclusive crops are located. The white stars are the mini-games (Bamarama is already clearly marked and hence does not have a star). The white circles are quest-related.
You must have your gathering up to a particular level in order to gather crops.
The Sky Lotus crop many people seem to have trouble finding can be reached by talking one of the many Farm Teleport Master NPCs in the area and requesting to be sent to Sky Pond. From there you must jump up the platforms to reach the crops.
Be sure to pay close attention to the event quests and do them all!
Cooking Rootstock Faire food
You require the recipe, ingredients, and to be at the proper cooking station in order to cook the potent festival-exclusive food.
The following ingredients can be purchased from Melsa at the Rootstock Fairground. Each costs 53s50c:
- Salad Dressing
- Special Sauce
- Herb-seasoned Salt
- Flour Dough
- Pigling Meat
Further or special ingredients and how to obtain them are as follows:
- Struthio Breast – Obtained via the questline. (Not confirmed as to whether there are more methods.)
- Milk – Obtained via the quest line and can be gotten again via the daily quest immediately afterward.
- Lamb – Obtained via the quest line and can be gotten again via the daily quest immediately afterward.
- Cured Pigling – Obtained via getting rank 1 (1000 points) in the Pigling Rodeo mini-game.
- Special Salad Dressing – Obtained via getting rank 1 (1000 points) the Kick-Bale mini-game.
Food and their effects
Each of the special foods made during the Rootstock Faire provide buffs, with their effects being more potent the higher quality a recipe is.
Every recipe can be purchased from Melsa except legendary-quality recipes, which must be won from the festival mini-games.
- Mudroot Salad – Restores 1% of your total HP every 5 seconds for 15 minutes.
- Grilled Pigling – Restores 1% of your total MP every 5 seconds for 15 minutes.
- Popped Cobseed – Raises HP by 5% for 15 minutes.
- Lamb Bulgogi – Raises max HP by 5%, crit rate by 20, and attack speed by 3 fore 15 minutes.
- Struthio Breast Salad – Restores 1% of your total HP every 5 seconds, increases endurance by 2, and attack speed by 3 for 15 minutes.
- Half-Moon Croquette – Restores 1% of your total MP, increases power by 2, and attack speed by 3 for 15 minutes.
- Moongourd Muffin – Restores 1% of your HP every 5 seconds and increases endurance by 1 for 15 minutes.
- Shevranberry Cookie – Restores 1% of your total MP every 5 seconds and increases power by 1 for 15 minutes.
- Floretta Soup – Raises max HP by 5% and crit rate by 10 for 15 minutes.
- Freeholds Flame Salad – Raises maximum stamina by 15 for 15 minutes for you and up to 20 people within 20 meters.
- Bleak Wings – Prevents stamina from decreasing for 15 minutes for you and up to 20 people within 20 meters.
- Traditional Bleakfields BBQ – Increases healing effects by 9% for 15 minutes for you and up to 20 people within 20 meters.
The faire’s cooking stations are located within the Rootstock Fairground, next to Melsa and the other festival NPCs. There are two of each station in this area.