Whether you’ve been playing The Sims through the years or are relatively new to the series at large, there’s no denying that Sims fidgeting in Create-a-Sim gets annoying. Sometimes, you just want to work on a Sim with them standing there, unmoving and static. Luckily, you can do that — even without mods. Here’s how to make Sims stay still in CAS in The Sims 4.
The Sims 4: How to Get Your Sims to Stay Still in Create-a-Sim
All you need to freeze your Sims in CAS is the right cheat command while in Create-a-Sim.
How to Open the Cheats Console
- On PC, simultaneously press the Ctrl + Shift + C keys with CAS open to bring up the cheat console at the top left of the screen.
- This is also the command to open the cheat console at any point in the game.
- To do this on PS4, hold R1, R2, L1, and L2 to bring this menu up.
- On Xbox One, hold RB, RT, LB, and LT.
How to Freeze Sims in CAS
This cheat specifically freezes a Sim in place in CAS, so make sure to use it when they’re not in too obstructive a pose. You’ll probably want to undo the freeze to see your Sims in motion before finalizing their look.
- To pause Sims in CAS, use the following cheat: casclockspeed 0
- To unpause Sims in CAS, use the following cheat: casclockspeed 1
It’s unconfirmed whether this cheat works on console, and it may only be available on the PC version of The Sims 4. But it’s worth trying out on PlayStation or Xbox anyway.
With that, you can now make Sims stay still in CAS and not wait for them to settle down before making critical changes to their look. If you found this guide helpful, check out our ever-growing list of guides for The Sims 4.
Featured image via Electronic Arts.