Potions, especially healing ones, are valuable consumables in Baldur’s Gate 3 as they can get your party back into action without a healer present. Let’s show you where to buy potions in Baldur’s Gate 3.
There are various traders throughout the game that will sell healing potions of increasing quality. I’ll point out where to look for all potion shop locations throughout the three acts of the game.
Where to Buy Potions BG3
Potions and elixirs that boost your characters with various spell-like abilities like invisibility or healing are present throughout the three acts of the game. They can grant you various elemental resistances or even flight. Let’s first discuss these utility potions before I show you where to buy health potions in BG3.
I recommend the following traders for useful non-healing potion options:
- Brem (Zhentarim Hideout Act 1): Complete “Find The Missing Shipment” and he’ll sell you Potions of Invisibility.
- Roah Moonglow (Shattered Sanctum Act 1): As you level up she’ll sell various potions like Potion of Invisibility, Fire Breath, Fire Resistance, and Speed.
- Derryth Bonecloak (Underdark Act 1): Sells Potion of Animal Speaking, Fire Resistance, and Invisibility.
- Araj Oblodra (Moonrise Tower Act 2): Sells Potion of Invisibility, Elixir of See Invisibility, Potion of Glorious Vaulting, Potion of Gaseous Form, and special racial ability potions.
- Sister Lidwin (House of Healing Act 2): Sells Potion of Flying and Potion of Speed.
- Sticky Dondo (Guildhall Act 3): Sells Elixir of Invisibility and Remedial Potion.
- Skittle (Flaming Fist Prison, Lower City Act 3): Sells various potions.
- Vicar Humbletoes (Stormshire Tabernacle Act 3): Sells Elixir of Universal Resistance, Elixir of Psychic Resistance, Elixir of Heroism, and Elixir of Necrotic Resistance.
Note that for some of these NPCs you will have to finish a quest or level up for their stock to include more advanced potions.
Where to Buy Healing Potions BG3
While utility potions can sometimes be situational, healing ones are universally useful across the entire story. Especially when you don’t have a Cleric, Druid, Bard, Paladin, or other classes that have access to healing spells or abilities. There are four types of healing potions:
- Potion of Healing: Heals 2d4+2.
- Potion of Greater Healing: Heals 4d4+4.
- Potion of Superior Healing: Heals 8d4+8.
- Potion of Supreme Healing: 10d4+20.
Each one is of course more expensive than the lesser versions. You’ll find more powerful ones as you progress to Act 2 and Act 3. While you can find them randomly in the world as loot, a safer way to get them is from certain merchants for coins or through pickpocketing. I would say Auntie Ethel, Roah Moonglow, and Grat the Trader are the most reliable early-game options. They are located in the Druid Grove, Shattered Sanctum, and the Goblin Camp respectively. That said, let’s show you a detailed list of where to buy health potions in BG3 in each Act.
Where to Buy Healing Potions in Act 1
Early-game healing drastically helps you increase your survivability since everyone is still a bit squishy besides Barbarians. That’s why the following healing potion traders are so important. They are as follows:
- Grat the Trader: Found in the Goblin Camp.
- Roah Moonglow: Found in the Shattered Sanctum.
- Derryth Bonecloak: Found in the Myconid Village.
- Cyrel: Found in the tollhouse at The Risen Road.
- Corsair Greymon: Found at the Grymforge if not killed during the Ebonlake encounter.
- Auntie Ethel: Found both at the Druid Grove and the Sunlit Wetlands.
- Aaron: Found in The Hollow.
All of these merchants will sell various types of healing potions depending on your level and the current Act.
Where to Buy Healing Potions in Act 2
Healing potion merchants in the second Act of the game are a bit scarce. That said, there are still some places to get them:
- Roah Moonglow: Her location in this Act is in the Moonrise Tower.
- Araj Oblodra: Found in the Moonrise Towers on the main floor.
- Sister Lidwin: Found in the House of Healing.
Note that Araj Oblodra has a special side quest where you can test out his stock and unlock special potion options for purchase.
Where to Buy Healing Potions in Act 3
If you were wondering where to buy health potions in BG3 Act 3, here are all the vendors. As the finale of the game approaches, I recommend stocking up on healing. Especially if you don’t have a Cleric, Druid, Paladin, or Bard with you. The following merchants sell them:
- Roah Moonglow: Found in the sewers during Jahira’s questline and after the robbery she’ll be near Minsc.
- Araj Oblodra: Found near Beehive Goods and Wares at the Crimson Draughts in the lower part of Baldur’s Gate.
- Derryth Bonecloak: Found in the lower part of Baldur’s Gate in a building across from Sorcerour Sundries.
- Vicar Humbletoes: Fond in the Stormshore Tabernacle.
- Auntie Ethel: Found in the basement of the Blushing Mermaid.
These are some of the last traders who’ll sell healing potions before the finale. Their stocks will also include the most powerful versions of healing potions you can buy.
Now you know where to buy health potions in BG3 if you ever need healing. That said, you’ll also find plenty of them as loot from slain enemies and you can even pickpocket some from merchants if one of your party members is skilled enough. If you liked this article, check out our other Baldur’s Gate 3 guides here like our classes and races rankings.