If you’re trying to fulfill Grizzby’s three deliveries, you’ll need to do some engineering — or get a friend to do it for you. Here’s how to get Shredder Turbochargers in WoW Classic: Season of Discovery.
How to Get Shredder Turbochargers in WoW Classic: SoD
Aside from Fish Oil and Dark Iron Ordinances, you’ll need to bring 16 Shredder Turbochargers to Grizzby in Ratchet if you want to access the Class Runes he sells. However, they don’t drop from enemies unless you salvage their parts.
To obtain them, you have two options:
- Get Shredder Autosalvage Units, which are one of SoD’s new consumable items crafted by Engineers. You’ll use those to salvage defeated Venture Co. Light Shredders, giving you a chance to loot a Shredder Turbocharger.
- Buy Turbochargers at the Auction House in your capital city.
Where to Farm Light Shredders in WoW: SoD
If you plan to do your own salvaging, the best place to farm Venture Co. Light Shredders is in the Stonetalon Mountains. They patrol the Windshear Crag area. I’d also recommend having more than 16 Autosalvage Units on hand when you do. Since the chargers aren’t a guaranteed drop, you’ll probably need plenty of them. Anywhere between 20 and 30 would be a safe bet.
How to Get Shredder Autosalvage Units in WoW: SoD
The process of getting Shredder Autosalvage Units depends on whether you’re planning to craft the items yourself or have another player do it for you. If you’re teaming up with an Engineer, they’ll need to know the recipe and have their Profession Level up to 135. However, if you’re doing this solo, here’s what you’ll do:
- Train Engineering and reach skill Level 135.
- Enter the Deadmines in Westfall.
- Kill Sneed, a Level 20 Elite, and his Shredder.
- Loot the Schematic for Shredder Autosalvage Units.
- Learn the recipe.
The reagents needed to actually craft Shredder Autosalvage Units are as follows:
- Heavy Leather: Purchased from Lhara in Elwynn Forest or skinned from beasts.
- Two Whirring Bronze Gizmos: Crafted by Engineers, requiring two Bronze Bars and one Wool Cloth.
- Bronze Framework: Dropped by mechanical enemies, such as Venture Co. Light Shredders, or purchased from Engineering Suppliers in main cities.
Alternatively, you can buy the reagents, the schematic, and even the Units themselves at the Auction House. But that would likely clean out your pockets, considering how many items you need in bulk. I’ve also seen the schematic itself go for seven gold, and truthfully, I wouldn’t recommend spending that much. You’ll gain a lot more by running the Deadmines dungeon in terms of loot, gold, and XP, along with the schematic.
That’s everything you need to know about how to get Shredder Turbochargers in WoW Classic: Season of Discovery. For more, check out our WoW Classic guides hub and our dedicated WoW SoD guides hub to find topics such as all class and race combinations and how to get the Hound Jawbone.