Yakuza: Like A Dragon Gardening Guide: All Recipes and Ingredients
There’s a truckload of things to do in Yakuza: Like A Dragon, but when smashing thugs and breaking up diaper kink clubs gets too stressful, you can do a bit of gardening on the side. And you should. Gardening in Yakuza: Like A Dragon gives you a number of important items, some vital for battle and others useful in boosting your relationships.
Yakuza: Like A Dragon Gardening — Getting Started
Gardening unlocks in chapter four, The Dragon of Yokohama. After events unfold during the soapland job, you’ll establish a new base at the Survive Bar. It's a required event, but you'll need to visit again to unlock gardening.
Speak with Iroha the next time you’re there. You’ll get access to the planter boxes outside plus a few seeds to start with.
After this sequence, you’ll run into more plant boxes throughout Yokohama, including locations nearby such as Hamakita Park. Plant boxes are indicated with a green sapling-shaped icon on the map.
You can start purchasing additional seeds and seed types too. Here’s a few areas where you can buy seeds in Yakuza: Like A Dragon.
- Hero’s Harvest (Hamakita Park)
- Welcome Pharmacy (Isezaki Road)
- Kinka Pharmacy (Bar District)
Actually growing the plants is pretty hands off because you don’t need to water them.
Instead, just wait for the allotted grow time to pass, then come back and interact with the plant box to harvest the goods. Using fertilizer cuts down on the grow time if you’re in a hurry, and you can buy fertilizer from the same places that sell seeds.
The yield always includes more than one of whatever you planted, and you’ll eventually get a hold of Mysterious components — bulbs, seeds, compost — that produce rarer items used to create higher level restoratives.
Equally as important, ingredients harvested from plant boxes make up different recipes for restoratives. It’s a win-win situation, since it’s low effort and saves yen.
Yakuza: Like A Dragon Recipes: Food and Restoratives
Speak to Iroha again to unlock recipes. We've included them below, along with each item's effects and required ingredients
Mishmash Lunch Box
- Effect: Restores 100 HP to the party
- Ingredients: 2 potato, 2 tomato
Packed Lunch Box
- Effect: Restores 200 HP to the party
- Ingredients: 2 onion, 2 daikon
Chilled Noodles Lunch Box
- Effect: Restores 500 HP to the party
- Ingredients: 5 hot pepper, 2 garlic, 2 daikon
Homestyle Lunch Box
- Effect: Restores 100 HP and MP to the party
- Ingredients: 4 tomato, 3 daikon, 3 onion, 4 potato
Special Lunch Box
- Effect: Restores 200 HP and MP to the party
- Ingredients: 4 potato, 4 garlic, 4 onion, 1 mysterious carrot
Luxury Kiwami Lunch Box
- Effect: Restores 500 HP and 300 MP to the party
- Ingredients: 10 garlic, 10 hot pepper, 5 mysterious mushroom, 3 mysterious fruit, 2 mysterious carrot
- Effect: Cures physical ailments
- Ingredients: 10 mysterious leaf, 5 mysterious mushroom
- Cures mental ailments
- Ingredients: 10 mysterious leaf, 5 mysterious fruit
- Effect: Revives an ally with 1 HP
- Ingredients: 15 mysterious fruit, 2 mysterious carrot, 3 lilies
- Effect: Revives an ally with half their HP
- Ingredients: 20 mysterious mushroom, 5 mysterious carrots, 3 roses
- Effect: Revives an ally with full HP and MP
- Ingredients: 20 mysterious fruit, 15 mysterious leaf, 10 mysterious carrot, 3 pine trees
Yakuza: Like A Dragon Gift Recipes
You’ll use some ingredients for gift items to boost relationship levels with party members.
- 9 pine tree
Bouquet of Lilies
- 12 lilies
Bouquet of Pansies
- 15 pansies
Bouquet of Roses
- 10 roses
That's all you need to know about gardening in Like A Dragon. Stay tuned to GameSkinny for more Yakuza: Like A Dragon guides in the coming days.