UPDATE - Injustice (Mobile) - Blackest Night Batman Challenge Mode
Holy Second Helping, Batman!
To go along with all the leftover turkey, reheated stuffing and uneaten sweet potatoes this holiday weekend, NetherRealm Studios has brought back a special Injustice: Gods Among Us Challenge Mode!
The Blackest Knight returns! Following their Halloween Blackest Night Hawkgirl event, Injustice brings back the resurrected walking corpse of Batman from the Blackest Night story arc.
Challenge of the Undead
NetherRealms scoops up a familiar five-course serving of superhero fisticuffs!
For each set of battles you win, you get a part of Black Lantern Batman's gear (Cowl, Utility Belt, Black Lantern Ring, Gauntlet, Batarang). If you win all five challenges, then the Gold Level Blackest Night Batman is added to your collection.
Here's some leftover Thanksgiving tips for fighting the rehashed 63 battles needed to win your Blackest Night Batman.
- Challenge 1: Bronze Characters Only - An energy drainer like Luthor or Nightwing first can deflect and help your tanks build power, like Green Lantern with Rocket Barrage or Deathstroke for Full Auto.
- Challenge 2: Catwoman Must Be On Your Team - Selina Kyle's primary attack is the damage over time Cat Claws. Silver Catwoman's 2nd Attack - Cat Scratch is quite potent. Of course, if you happen to have Batman Returns Catwoman, so much the better.
- Challenge 3: Bronze or Silver Characters Only - Like Challenge 1, use a power drainer like Nightwing or Luthor, and silver Cyborg's Power Fist is a powerful 2nd attack.
- Challenge 4: Nightwing Must Be On Your Team - With three Nightwing characters, nearly everyone has one. All three have Ground Sparks to drain opponents and give teammates time to build up power.
- Challenge 5: Joker Must Be On Your Team - All original Jokers have Bang!, which is a strong first attack. Their second attacks are all Damage Over Time. Team him with a tank like Bane or Doomsday and a Harley Quinn, if you have one.
Didn't Clean Your Plate?
Remember, you don't need to complete all the challenges to win something. There's still goodies to be had by just trying your best.
- 24 Fights Won - Free Bronze Booster Pack (worth 8,000 credits)
- 36 Fights Won - +15,000 Power Credits
- 48 Fights Won - Free Silver Booster Pack (worth 35,000 credits)
You have until Dec. 8th to re-heat this classic dish.
Bring Back Your Dead! Bring Back Your Dead!
The Blackest Night series of DC comics created a story arc of the Black Lanterns, who were resurrecting dead superheroes and villains into a growing army that threatened to engulf the universe.
In both the mobile and console editions of Injustice: Gods Among Us, there have been several Blackest Night versions of popular DC heroes and villains.
Want a real Black Friday deal?
Who's your favorite Blackest Night Character? Hawkgirl? Doomsday?
Which Injustice character would you like to see added to the Black Lantern Corps?