Overwatch Guide: Ana Info and Tips
Ana is a unique support character in Overwatch that uses a sniper. She has different ways of both dealing damage and healing allies, making her very versatile. She could actually be used as a offense character, though your teammates may not like that.
If you are a good sniper and want a fun, new way to play, Ana is for you! I'm going to go over some info, as well as some tips on playing as Ana.
This guide will cover everything about the hero Ana in Overwatch including:
- Ana Basic Info - A little of Ana's background and descriptions of her abilities.
- Ana Combat Tips - Tips for using Ana effectively.
Ana Basic Info
Ana was originally from Egypt and started as security for her home during the Omnic Crisis. She was considered to be one of the best snipers in the world and became a founding member of Overwatch. For years she served as 2nd-in-command for Strike Commander Morrison after the success of the 1st Overwatch mission.
Combat was her home even though she was a leader in Overwatch and continued even in her 50's. She was thought to have been killed by Widowmaker during a mission, but in reality she was only greatly wounded.
During the recovery process of losing her right eye, she decided to take a step back from the current conflict. Eventually she could no longer sit idly by and watch the chaos, so she rejoined the fight.
- Biotic Rifle - Her main weapon shoots darts that can either deal damage over time to her enemies, or heal her allies.
- She can zoom in for increased accuracy.
- Biotic Grenade - Throws a grenade that heals allies in the area of explosion and briefly causes them to receive more healing from all sources.
- Also damage enemies in the area and briefly stop them from receiving any type of healing.
- Sleep Dart - Shoots a dart at the enemy that puts them to sleep, stopping them from performing any action for a short time. Any damage to them will wake them up.
- (Ultimate Ability) Nano Boost - Boosts 1 ally to make them move faster, deal more damage, and take less damage.
Ana Combat Tips
Ana is a support character first, so be sure to make use of her many support tools. She can deal a great amount of damage, especially with her abilities, but support comes first.
- Practice aiming with her sniper rifle
- It takes skill to both damage and heal with Ana. Practicing her aiming is important so you can get better at actually hitting your targets.
- You can also hip fire, which sometimes works much better than using the scope.
- Use the Biotic Grenade on hard to kill enemies and allies you need to keep alive
- The grenade is great for taking people out like Roadhog because they take more damage and he won't be able to heal himself or get healed.
- It is also great for healing your own tanks, yourself, or people you need to keep alive at the time.
- Master the Sleep Dart
- It takes some time to get used to, but using sleep dart at the right time can really save games.
- Use it on someone about to use their ultimate, or at the beginning of one, and you can be the MVP.
- You can also use it to shut down healers for a short time.
- Learn when to use Nano Boost
- Always be aware of where your allies are and when their ultimates are available.
- Boosting Reaper before his ultimate is a good example of good timing and usage.
That wraps up my Overwatch Ana Info and Tips. Let me know if you have any questions!