FIFA 22 Cross-Platform Explained: How to Turn Cross-Play On and Off
Electronic Arts has added cross-platform play to FIFA 22. The mode is available only for current generation PlayStation and Xbox consoles — PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. The feature is not currently available for PC or past-generation consoles, such as PS4 or Xbox One.
This guide will tell you how to play cross-platform in FIFA 22. You will learn how to add your friends from a different platform and let them join your online matches.
How to Turn Cross-Play On and Off in FIFA 22
Cross-platform play allows players from different platforms to engage in soccer matches in FIFA 22 without any restrictions. Follow these steps if you want to enable this feature on your PS5 or Xbox Series X|S:
- Go to the main menu.
- Press R2 on PS5 or RT on Xbox.
- Go to "Friends" tab.
- Press the triangle button on PS5 or the Y button on Xbox.
- Type in your friend's PSN or Xbox Live Gamertag.
- Highlight your friend's tag in the list after it was added.
- Press the square button on PS5 or the X button on Xbox.
- Select the "Enable Cross-Play" option.
Usually, cross-play is automatically enabled by default. The same method can be used if you want to disable cross-play with a specific user by simply choosing the "Disable Cross-Play" option.
Hopefully, Electronic Arts will add more platforms to the cross-play list in the future, but for now, PS5 and Xbox Series X|S users are the only ones who can access this feature.