ArcheAge Skill Set Guide - Archery
With the way the ArcheAge class system works, players will need to know what each skill set brings to the table. In my first series of ArcheAge guides I'll cover each skill set and what they offer.
In this guide I'll cover what the Archery skill set has to offer. Archery as you'd expect focuses on ranged physical attacks. Archery skills do less damage if you are within 8 meters of the target, so be aware of your surroundings and distance to the enemy. Skill sets that synergize well with Archery include Shadowplay and Witchcraft. Any skill set that grants a lot of CC or additional ranged physical attacks will work with Archery.
Here I'll list all the skills of Archery and what they do. I'll split the lists up between active skills and passive skills to make the list easier to read.
These are your attacks, heals, or defensive abilities depending on the skill set.
- Charged Bolt: Fires a charged arrow at an enemy dealing Ranged Damage and slowing Move Speed for 3 seconds. The skill always hits. Damage is reduced by 20% if the target is within 8 meters.
- Piercing Shot: Inflicts a deep wound dealing Ranged Damage with additional damage for each stack of Bloodthirst. Also silences and dismounts any enemy with a stack of Bloodthirst. Damage is reduced by 20% if the target is within 8 meters.
- Snare: Snares the feet of an enemy within 5 meters for 5.1 seconds. Snare duration reduced by 50% in PvP.
- Double Recurve: Increases Ranged Damage by 9%. Lasts 30 minutes.
- Deadeye: Increases Ranged attack by 63. Lasts 10 seconds. Has no cooldown, and ends with movement.
- Stalker's Mark: Deals Ranged Damage and marks enemy for 15 seconds. Increases received damage by 12%, and decreases healing effectiveness by 20%. When the mark disappears, the target receives additional damage of 50 times the number of ranged attacks suffered during the mark's duration. Damage is reduced by 20% if the target is within 8 meters.
- Float: Lifts caster into the air for 12 seconds. Increases the range of Ranged Skills by 7 meters and the damage by 30%, but prevents Defense and Magic Defense from reducing damage.Prevents movement; canceled if used again. Can't be used while snared. Prevents the use of skills that take time to cast.
- Boneyard: Targets an enemy and deals Magic Damage to all enemies within 5 meters. Summons a prison of bone to hold them. Lasts 10 seconds, but can be destroyed by attacks.
- Concussive Arrow: Fires an arrow that explodes on contact, dealing Magic Damage and Shackling all enemies within 6 meters of the target for 3.5 seconds. Always hits.
- Missile Rain: Showers a distant target area with arrows to deal Ranged damage. When this skill levels up, it increases damage as well as cast time.
- Intensity: Increases Ranged Critical Rate for 30 seconds. Grants additional Bloodthirst for every basic bow attack, Toxic Shot, Piercing Shot, Charged Bolt, Concussive Arrow, and Stalker's Mark that hits it's target. Grants immunity to Fear. Decreases Move Speed and Attack Speed and increases Cast Time.
Passive skills require a certain amount of skill points used within the set to allow point allocation into them. Passive skills buff the skill set once you unlock them, allowing for easier combat. In addition to the skill's effect, I'll list how many spent points are needed before you can allocate points to the passive skill.
- Wild Instincts: Increases Move Speed by 10% and basic bow attack damage by 15%. (Requires 2 points spent in Archery.)
- Archery Expertise: Decreases cooldown for Piercing Shot, Charged Bolt, Stalker's Mark, Missile Rain, and Toxic Shot skills by 10%. (Requires 3 points spent in Archery.)
- Ranged Attack Evasion: Increases Ranged Evasion by 14%. (Requires 5 points spent in Archery.)
- Marksman: Increases bow skill range by 5 meters and Ranged Accuracy by 2%. (Requires 6 points spent in Archery.)
- Sharpshooting: Increases Ranged Critical Rate by 3% and deals 25% additional damage. Decreases cooldown for Deadeye by 6 seconds. (Requires 7 points spent in Archery.)
I hope this gives a clear view of what the Archery skill set offers your build. For more guides on ArcheAge check my content directory.