GameSkinny Weekend Download: New Call of Duty, Death Stranding, Dauntless, and More
Weekend Download is back, and this week we have a ton of reviews, some brand-new guides, and a lot of news.
From the next Call of Duty to PSVR, Dauntless and Pokemon, Death Stranding, Super Smash, PixARK, and more, we've rounded up everything we've published in the past week.
Sit back. Relax. Enjoy. It's the weekend. What else are you gonna' do? Play video games?
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare Revealed, Releases in October
This year's Call of Duty will be a soft reboot of the series, and it will feature crossplay at launch. Read more.
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare Won't Have Zombies, Will Have "Realistic Feeling World"
Leaning more on realism, Activision confirms that Modern Warfare won't have Zombies Mode. Read more.
- Death Stranding Releasing November 8, Pre-order and Edition Bonuses Revealed
The more we see of Death Stranding, the more intriguing it gets. Release date, pre-order bonuses, and editions announced. Read more.
- Cadence of Hyrule Might Launch on the Switch Very Soon
Cadence of Hyrule doesn't have much time left in May if it's going to stick to its rumored May release date. Could this week be the one? Read more.
- Dauntless Surges Past 6 Million Players In Less Than A Week
The new co-op RPG passed a significant milestone and more than doubled its player base, thanks in large part to cross-platform play. Read more.
- Pokemon Press Conference and Pokemon Direct Announced
Pokemon Press Conference announces for tomorrow, and Pokemon Sword and Shield Direct scheduled for June 5. Read more.
- Pokemon Press Conference Reveals New Games, Hardware, and More On The Way
From a Detective Pikachu sequel to a new line of professional clothing and more, there's a lot of Pokemon on the way in the coming year. Read more.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Might Get the Labo VR Treatment Soon
The same source suggests new Amiibo functionality could be coming to the game as well, giving the pint-sized fighters something to do other than sitting on your shelf. Read more.
- Labo VR Support Added to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate — But It's Limited
Smash Bros. Ultimate does, indeed, have VR, added with its latest update. Here's how it works and what stages are compatible with it. Read more.
- Days of Play Returns in June With Special Edition PS4, Discounted Games
2019's Days of Play offers a limited edition PS4 system and plenty of discounts to jazz up the month of June. Read more.
- Xbox Game Pass Coming to PC, Separate from XB1 Version
Xbox's Phil Spencer also shared some details about working to bring Xbox Game Studio titles to other storefronts in the future. Read more.
- Mordhau Sells 60,000 Copies In One Day
Mordhau quickly smashes into the top-selling games on Steam just one day after launch. Read more.
- New PSVR to Launch After PlayStation 5
The PS5 won't launch directly with a new VR headset, but the second gen of PSVR is currently well into development. Read more.
- Overwatch Anniversary Brings Skins, New Features to the Arena
Overwatch's third anniversary brings a plethora of new content to the game. Read more.
- Pathologic 2 To Add Difficulty Slider In New Update
A difficulty slider is slated to arrive in an impending Pathologic 2 patch to broaden the appeal toward a larger player base. Read more.
- Roguelike Vambrace: Cold Soul Available Now
Rougelike game Vambrace: Cold Soul launches on Steam and Goof Old Games. Read more.
- The Elder Scrolls Heads to Tables Everywhere with Call to Arms
The Elder Scrolls: Call to Arms brings the franchise to the table. Read more.
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses Preview Covers Plot, Provides New Details
From a corrupt church to a casual meal between friends, Fire Emblem: Three Houses will provide a boatload of content while still remaining true to its FE roots. Read more.
- Vambrace: Cold Soul's First Update Reduces Difficulty
The first update for Vambrace: Cold Soul is live, bringing various changes to the game. Read more.
- Rocket League and Mortal Kombat 11 Join the Summer Arena Clash
Rocket League and Mortal Kombat 11 are added into the lineup for Arena Clash Summer 2019 by Belong Gaming Arenas. Read more.
- At Last, Digimon Survive Gets New Info in Game Dev Diary
Digimon Survive's producers open up about the game's place in the franchise and some key features player can expect when it launches...whenever that may be. Read more.
- American Fugitive Review: Life on the Lam
American Fugitive is a love letter to the original Grand Theft Auto games. Can this throwback steal our hearts? Find out here. Read more.
- Vambrace Cold Soul Review: What If Darkest Dungeon Was Harder And A JRPG?
If you don't mind being actively abused and tortured for hours on end, Vambrace can become extremely addicting for fans of either Darkest Dungeon or classic SNES RPGs. Read more.
- Atelier Lulua: The Scion of Arland Review — Cozy Crafting
It's more of the same Atelier, but it also takes the best from its predecessors to synthesize a fun and customizable adventure. Read more.
- Draugen Review: Draggin' Through a Beautiful World
Draugen begins as a fascinating narrative-adventure game set in a gorgeous world. It's a shame that it struggles to maintain its momentum. Read more.
- Pixark Guide: Leveling Tips and Tricks
Here are all the tips and tricks that you will ever need to level up really fast from Level 1 to 80 in PixARK. Read more.
- Blood & Truth Review — Live An Action Crime Drama In VR
Blood & Truth is the full action blockbuster experience, with a few limitations to keep in mind. Read more.
- Lapis X Labyrinth Review: Fevered Tedium
Lapis X Labyrinth has a lot of flash that just gobbles away any substance it might have had. Read more.
- Team Sonic Racing Review: Really, You Gotta Go Fast
Team Sonic Racing is closer to a 3D Sonic game to a kart racer, and I love it. Sonic Heroes Racing, anyone? Read more.
- PixARK Review: What if Minecraft and ARK Had a Baby
PixARK is a gorgeous-looking game that mainly caters to casual players that are already familiar with Minecraft and ARK: Survival Evolved. Read more.
- Void Bastards Review: Rewarding Wit and Experimentation
Void Bastards is a roguelite shooter that encourages experimentation and smart thinking in outer space, and it mostly works to great effect. Read more.
- Five Nights at Freddy's VR: Help Wanted — FNAF Meets Playroom VR
The jump scares are more visceral in VR, and you get some nifty new mini games, although all the same weaknesses from the main series are still here with Help Wanted. Read more.
- Warhammer Chaosbane Review - Slaughtering Chaos Cults For Fun And Profit
While there are some noticeable limitations compared to other games in the genre, Chaosbane is a worthy addition to the ARPG realm for Warhammer fans. Read more.
- SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest Review — Galaxy Brain
Packed with content, SpellForce 3: Soul Harvest is a must-play RPG-RTS hybrid... if you don't mind multitasking. Read more.
- GameSir GK300 Keyboard Review: Solid Choice That's Missing a Few Parts
While it might not have everything we'd expect in a modern gaming-first keyboard, GameSir's GK300 is a surprisingly worthwhile choice, especially at the price. Read more.
- Let The ARPG Wars Begin: Warhammer Chaosbane vs. Other ARPGs
While the broad strokes are familiar, Chaosbane diverges sharply from the standard ARPG in several ways, from skill choices to character customization. Read more.
- The Top 20 Minecraft 1.14.2 Seeds for June 2019
In this month's selection of top Minecraft seeds, you'll be dealing with some unusual settlements and well-hidden pillager posts. Read more.
- Free RPG Day 2019 Guide: What to Get and Where to Get It
New products will up for grabs totally free this June for Pathfinder, the Witcher RPG, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Modern Age, Kids On Bikes, and many more! Read more.
- Why Stardew Valley is King of the Farming Games
If you're looking for the best farming game out there right now, there are certainly a lot to choose from and several top contenders. The one that stands above them all, though, is Stardew Valley, and here's why. Read more.
- Dauntless Orb Farming Guide
In this guide you will learn how to farm orbs from the perspectives of both beginner and advanced players in Dauntless. Read more.
- Dauntless All Scales Farming Guide
Here is a complete list of all behemoth scales in Dauntless, and methods describing on how to farm them effectively. Read more.
- Dauntless Ostian Repeaters Build Guide
You've crafted the Ostian Repeaters, but what's next? Here's a quick look at some builds to aim for. Read more.
- Dauntless Guide: How to Use Ostian Repeaters for Maximum Damage
The Ostian Repeaters get a lot of unfair criticism because they aren't as simple as they seem. Make sure you're dealing maximum damage and helping your team with this handy guide. Read more.
- Vambrace: Cold Soul Guide To Not Dying
Can't seem to make it past the first few maps of this devastatingly hard RPG? We show you the best way to put together a part, navigate rooms, and use healing skills to survive! Read more.
- PixARK Farming Guide: Growing, Irrigating, and Harvesting
Can't figure out how farming works in PixARK? Here's a simple step-by-step guide that will show you how to grow, irrigate, and harvest your crops. Read more.
- Splitgate: Advanced Warfare Weapons Tier List
Fancy playing Splitgate: Advanced Warfare? These are the weapons worth risking your life to pick up. Read more.
- Layers of Fear 2 Guide: How To Earn All Three Alternate Endings
Layers of Fear 2 offers three distinct endings. Need help earning the one you like or seeing them all? This guide will direct you to each finale. Read more.
- Layers of Fear 2: The Perfect Storm Achievement/Trophy Guide
Looking to solve one of Layers of Fear 2's first optional puzzles and unlock The Perfect Storm achievement or trophy? We've got your guide right here! Read more.
Check back next weekend for another roundup of news, reviews, guides, and features.