Bravely Default: Vampire Class/Job Guide
Vampire in Bravely Default is amazing. Whether you are doing physical damage or magic damage, you want this Job. They are a little tricky to unlock, but definitely worth it. Let me be your guide to the wonderful world of Vampirism. Sparkling fairies need not apply.
This guide will cover everything about Vampire including:
- Equipment guide: What they use, and the optimal equips.
- Ability List: What level they get them.
- Cross Job Tips: Which jobs fit well with Vampire.
- Special Moves: Which are best suited for Vampire.
- Combat Tips: Being most effective in battle.
You can unlock Vampire in Chapter 4. It is a somewhat long and difficult process, so check out my Vampire Quest Guide for details on unlocking it.
Vampires have a variety of equipment methods. They have an S aptitude for Rods, Staves, and Daggers. They are also good with Swords and decent with Axes and Spears. Interestingly, they have A aptitude for shields.
This depends on what you are going for.
- If you want high physical damage, I recommend equipping nothing and using the Monk's Natural Talent ability.
- If you want to focus more on magic damage, then equip all things that increase magic attack.
This also depends on what you want out of your Vampire.
- Same as armor, if you want an absurd amount of physical attack, go naked with the Monk's Natural Talent ability. You will also want to use their Knuckle Lore ability for increased damage.
- Dual-wield Rods if you want the most Magic Damage.
Vampires have the Genome Drain Specialty. This allows you to learn certain abilities from enemies if they target the Vampire with them.
I will be doing a formal guide on all the Genome abilities, but there are some available in Chapter 4. If you past Chapter 4, you have to wait until Chapter 8 and do a special dungeon to get them.
All you have to do to get a Genome ability is get hit by the attack as a vampire, or someone using the Genome Drain support ability.
- Genome Ability - Choose from a list of abilities you've learned from enemies. These range from physical and magic attacks, to status inducing attacks.
- Absorb Physical Damage - Support ability that restores HP by 30% of the damage taken from physical attacks. Damage that will K.O. you is not healed.
- Blood Thirst - Absorb HP from an enemy equal to the damage done by a normal attack.
- Bloodlust - Support ability that raises physical attack, magic attack, physical defense, and magic defense by 25% for 5 turns each time you defeat an enemy with your own attack. The limit for this boost is 150%.
- Charm - 75% chance to Charm one target.
- Magic Thirst - Absorb a target's MP equal to 10% of the damage done by a normal attack.
- Monster Ability Up - Support ability that raises the damage of genome abilities by 1.25 times.
- Battle Thirst - Absorbs 1 BP from the target.
- Subvert - 50% chance to Charm all enemies.
- Self-Restore - Support ability that full restores your HP at the end of battle.
- Absorb Stats - Choose one of target's stats to absorb.
- Drain Attack Up - Support ability that raises damage dealt by absorb attacks.
- Genome Drain - Support ability that lets you use the Vampire's specialty on other Jobs.
- Rise from Dead - Gives you a chance to revive from K.O. at the end of a turn.
Cross Job Tips
- Monk. I said it before and I'll say it again. If you want immense physical attack, get a Monk to level 14 for Natural Talent. Use that and the Knuckle Lore support ability and laugh as enemies fall to your fists.
- Arcanist is great if you want magic. They have Twilight, which instantly kills all sleeping targets. If you have the genome ability, Lullaby, you have a 50% chance to put all enemies to sleep.
- Summoner is also great for group elemental damage. summons have high MP requirements, but with Magic Thirst, you can constantly replenish MP without using items.
- Level 1 - Inflict critical damage 3 times to use.
- Moonbeam: Attack one target. This raises Physical Attack for all allies.
- Level 2 - Inflict critical damage 6 times to use.
- Ascendant Palm: Attack one target. This raises Hit Count for all allies.
- Level 3 - Inflict critical damage 9 times to use.
- Thunderburst - Attack one target with Lightning damage. Raises Physical Attack for all allies.
- Level 1 - Use magic 10 times to use.
- Piercing Bolt: Attack one. Raises Magic Attack for all allies.
- Level 2 - Use magic 20 times to use.
- Withering Ripple: Weaken enemy. Raises Magic Attack for all allies.
- Level 3 - Use magic 30 times to use.
- Holy Weapon: Attack all, slaying Demon. Raises Magic Attack for all allies.
Vampire are masters of nearly anything. It is good to level a Vampire for nearly any Job you use.
- Get as many Genome abilities that you can. Some abilities are very helpful and can do a lot of damage.
- Thirst abilities are your friend. When fighting normal enemies, you can use Battle Thirst to gain extra BP and make the enemy lose a turn. Spend the extra BP to keep using Battle Thirst and attack at the same time. Use Blood Thirst if you get low on HP and Magic Thirst when low on MP.
- Charm and Subvert can really turn the tide of battle. When things get tough, just Charm the enemy into attacking each other!
Let me know in the comments if you have any questions or suggestions. Check my Master Guide List for help with anything else. I will also be posting a Vampire Genome Ability Guide in the future.
Games Bravely Default
Tags bravely default guide bravely default jobs square enix