Final Fantasy Explorers Job Guide: Dragoon
The Dragoon Job in Final Fantasy Explorers is capable of dishing out plenty of damage, and they have their signature Jump ability. They are listed as a pure damage class, but they also have a decent amount of defense. They are proficient in Spears, which should be your weapon of choice.
I will go over the basics of the Dragoon Job, describe the play styles, give an example of a build, and more. Check out my Beginner Tips and Tricks for more help with the game or other Job guides.
This guide will go over everything about the Dragoon job in Final Fantasy Explorers including:
- Dragoon Job Basics - Everything you need to know when deciding whether or not to play Dragoon.
- Dragoon Ability Build - An example build that I use for Dragoon and why I use it.
- Dragoon Job Mastery - What you need to complete the Mastery Trials: Dragoon quest and what you get for doing it.
- Dragoon Job Equipment - What materials you need to craft the Dragoon-Only gear and how to get them.
Dragoon Job Basics
The basic role of a Dragoon is to deal damage. Their unique ability, Jump, allows them to jump high into the air and come down a short distance in front of them.
Jump is useful for closing in and attacking, but it is also a great defensive ability. While you are in the air, you avoid damage, so if you time it right, you can avoid strong attacks from bosses.
Their passive ability is Lancet, which gives HP and more AP for each normal attack. Most of their attacks hit hard and/or multiple times and there are a few that let you cross distances. They also have buff to increase P-Attack and P-Defense as well as a group heal.
Dragoon Ability and Mutations Build
I'm going to give you the build I currently use for Dragoon and describe why so you can get a good idea of one of the ways you can play Dragoon. If you need info on mutations and how to get each one, visit my Mutations and Crystal Surge Reference List.
- X - Jump
- Suggested Mutations - HP Power Factor, Exploit Weakness, Critical Power Up
- Y - Puncture
- Suggested Mutations - Link Ability, Instant Cooldown, Remove Buffs
- A - Mercurial Thrust
- Suggested Mutations - Link Ability, Combo Factor
- B - Coup de Grace
- Suggested Mutations - Link Ability, Multi-hit, HP Power Factor
- X - Dragon Dive
- Suggested Mutations - Link Ability, Instant Cooldown, HP Power Factor
- Y - Awakening
- Suggested Mutations - Regen, Duration Up, Create Image
- A - Dragon Heal
- Suggested Mutations - Faster Cooldown
- B - Cross Guard
- Suggested Mutations - Regen, Create Image, Haste
Dragon Dive and Puncture are moves that makes your character dash towards the enemy while damaging. Dragon Dive goes further, but Puncture hits multiple times. I have a link for Dragon Dive into Puncture. Dragon Dive is also great for quickly getting away from attacks.
Mercurial Thrust and Coup de Grace are my main attacks, and both hit multiple times. Linking attacks make your damage so much higher. If you can get a Mercurial Thrust link into Coup de Grace, that would be ideal. Coup de Grace takes longer to attack with, so speeding that up would help a lot.
Awakening, Dragon Heal, and Cross Guard are your buffs/defensive abilities. Awakening increases P-Attack and P-Defense, plus whatever mutations you put on it.
Dragon Heal restores HP and AP to anyone in the circle, and it is based on your P-Attack.
Cross Guard nullifies 50% damage and can give buffs or restore HP with the right mutations.
Dragoon Job Mastery
When you complete 10 quests as a Dragoon, you can do the Mastery Trials: Dragoon quest. You must defeat 1 Red Dragon and 1 Blue Dragon in the same fight to complete the quest.
Completing this will do multiple things:
- Allows Dragoon to dual wield
- Allows Dragoon to equip swords and axes
- Increases max HP and AP for Dragoon
- Gives Dragoon Guide
The last part is an item used to craft gear that only the Dragoon Job can equip.
Dragoon Job Equipment
All of the Dragoon Only equipment start with the word Dragon. There are pieces for Head, Torso, and Legs. Besides the unique look, Job specific gear adds 5 to your max ability load and takes away 1 from the base equipment trait for each piece. This gives you a total of 15 extra Load.
They all require the same types of materials, but torso uses more. Below is a list of the materials needed and where to get them.
- Dragoon Guide - Completing Mastery Trials: Dragoon quest.
- Amount Needed: 1 for each piece, total of 3.
- Earthdrake Fang - Drops from Yellow Dragons
- Amount Needed: 1 for each, total of 3
- Icedrake Talon - Drops from Blue Dragons
- Amount Needed: 2 for each, total of 6.
- Mythril Ore - Random from gathering mineral spots.
- Amount Needed: 3 for Head and Legs, 4 for Chest, total of 10.
For the Icedrake Talons, just farm the Mastery Trials: Dragoon quest. If you have access to the 6* quest, The Yellow Dragon's Advance, then do that for the Earthdrake Fangs. You can also do 3* quest, A Legendary Knight and go to Mirah Dunes to fight multiple Yellow Dragons.
This is it for my guide on Dragoon in Final Fantasy Explorers. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions!