Yoshi's Woolly World is a classic Nintendo game, which means there are bosses to beat in every world. You fight 2 per world, at levels 4 and 8. Magikoopa loves to make the Yoshis' lives harder, and each boss gets increasingly more difficult.
I'll explain each boss fight in Yoshi's Woolly World to make things easier. Please visit my guide on Tips, Tricks, and How to Unlock more Yoshi Patterns for more help with the game.
This guide will go over every boss battle in Yoshi's Woolly World including:
- World 1 Bosses - Each boss in this world and how to beat them.
- World 2 Bosses - Each boss in this world and how to beat them.
- World 3 Bosses - Each boss in this world and how to beat them.
- World 4 Bosses - Each boss in this world and how to beat them.
- World 5 Bosses - Each boss in this world and how to beat them.
- World 6 Bosses - Each boss in this world and how to beat them.
World 1-4: Big Montgomery's Fort
This is a giant mole boss battle.
- Big Montgomery moves around underneath the carpet, then pops out of the wall after a short time.
- Move out of the way when he pops out, then jump on his head to make him fall over.
- Ground pound after you jump on him to do damage to him.
- He will continue to hide and pop out, but after you hit him once, he pulls out a blue spike ball and throws it at you.
- Just jump over the ball and wait for him to pop out again.
- When you hit him a second time, he pops out with a yellow spiked ball. This one bounces so wait for it, then run underneath it.
- When you ground pound him 3 times, you win.
World 1-8: Burt the Bashful's Castle
Burt is a giant version of the yellow bouncing enemies you see earlier in the level.
- Throw a yarn ball at Burt to daze him. After that, swallow the string on his pants to damage him. You must be in front of him to do this.
- After this first hit, he will call copies to stack on.
- The copies are smaller than him, so just aim for the real one.
- When you hit the real one, the small ones go away and you can eat the string again.
- Do this 3 times to win.
World 2-4: Knot-Wing the Koopa's Fort
Knot-Wing is a giant Red Koopa with wings.
- Knot-Wing floats around and tries to slam you. Just move out of the way when he does, then eat the string on top of his shell.
- When you do this, he falls over. Ground pound to damage him.
- Every time you damage Knot-Wing, he goes into his shell and spins around to try to hit you. Just Flutter Jump above him to avoid being hit.
- Ground pound him 3 times to win.
World 2-8: Bunson the Hot Dog's Castle
Bunson is a giant flaming dog.
- Bunson will charge up to breathe fireballs; when he does, he turns dark. This is when you can hit him with a yarn ball.
- After you hit him, you must ground pound his tongue to damage him.
- He jumps around and tries to slam you throughout the fight. Make sure you run to the other side of him to avoid it.
- After you damage him, he jumps to the background for a fire breath attack.
- Just jump over it to avoid it.
- When you damage him once, he jumps around, then jumps to a wall to charge a fireball. Hit him with yarn when he goes dark again.
- After damaging him twice, he jumps to the wall again, but this time he will jump to the opposite wall.
- When he does this, he drops 3 blue fire balls that fall on you. Avoid them, then throw a ball at him once he goes dark.
- After hitting him with the 3rd ground pound, you win.
World 3-4: Big Montgomery's Bubble Fort
Big Montgomery is back, and with a few new tricks.
- This time he stand on a stack of smaller moles and throws multiple spiked balls at you.
- Hit him with a yarn ball, then ground pound him to damage him.
- He moves around under the carpet and pops out again, but this time he creates a shock wave that damages you if you touch it.
- Just jump over them when he comes out.
- Ground Pound him 3 times to win.
World 3-8: Miss Cluck the Insincere's Castle
Miss Cluck is a chick in a giant chicken shell.
- She floats around and drops eggs that break into spiked balls. You have to jump and swallow the string underneath her.
- After you do this, the chick is exposed and you can ground pound her.
- Once you damage her, she gets her shell back then starts spinning to make the wind blow.
- Avoid the spiked balls that drop.
- The second time she floats around, you must swallow the string twice to expose the chick.
- The chick also moves around this time, so time your ground pound to damage her.
- The third time she floats around, she does a spinning attack and drops more eggs.
- When she is at the bottom you have to jump over it, when she is higher, you must duck.
- After you swallow the string 3 times on the last part, ground pound the chick to win.
World 4-4: Knot-Wing the Koopa's Aqua Fort
Knot-Wing is back and uses water with his attacks this time.
- He jumps around and breaks the platforms you stand on. After he breaks one, lure him to the empty space so he slams on the spikes.
- When he hits the spikes, ground pound him to damage him.
- After you damage him once, he moves to the background to form tidal waves.
- You must stand in the spot that does not have a wave coming to avoid damage.
- After you damage him twice, he goes in the air off screen to slam down.
- Look for the lines that show where he will slam, and make sure he is over spikes.
- Ground pound him 3 times to win.
World 4-8: Naval Piranha's Sewer
This is a giant Piranha plant that moves in and out of a pipe.
- When he comes from the side, throw a yarn ball in his mouth to make him go away.
- When it goes to the background, several bombs come out. Grab one of them and wait until Naval Piranha comes to the side again.
- Shoot the bomb into his mouth, then ground pound him to damage him.
- After you damage him once, thorns spiral around the platform you are on. Just dodge and jump over them.
- He sends more bombs out. Grab one, then avoid the falling plants.
- Naval Piranha comes from below this time. Avoid him, then shoot the bomb at his mouth when he comes up.
- After you ground pound him twice, thorns come up again.
- This time the thorns switch constantly between the ground and the air, so you must run through when they are in the air and jump when they are on the ground.
- They also reverse and move fast towards the end.
- Grab a bomb when they are thrown again.
- This time one plant comes out at a time and slams on the ground. It sweeps across the screen, so jump when it is close.
- Naval Piranha comes from the air this time, so aim up to shoot the bomb into his mouth.
- After the 3rd ground pound, you win.
World 5-4: Big Montgomery's Ice Fort
Big Montgomery just won't give up, and this time he has ice on his side.
- He starts by hiding under the ice. You must dodge when he pushes the ice up, then ground pound the ice to knock him over.
- Ground pound his body to damage him.
- After getting hit, he jump to the back ground and rolls moles down to you that turn into snow balls.
- He comes to your platform after this. Hit him with a yarn ball to make him go away.
- When you ground pound him twice, he jumps to the background again.
- This time he turns into a giant snowball after the small ones go down.
- When he jumps out the first time, he creates a shock wave that slams you into the ceiling if you get hit.
- Wait for him to come up and ground pound him a 3rd time to win.
World 5-8: Snifberg the Unfeeling's Castle
Snifberg is a giant ice shy guy.
- Snifber will throw ice blocks, he rolls around in a ice block, he'll try to slam you, and he'll shoot 3 small shy guys at you.
- You must hit his feet 3 times to knock him into the spikes to break the ice. Ground pound him when this happens.
- After you damage him once, he jump to the top to send ice spike balls down to you. Avoid them until he jumps back down.
- This time he throws multiple ice blocks of different sizes at you.
- Wait until you can aim at his feet again to throw yarn balls.
- When you ground pound him twice, he goes back to throw ice spikes before jumping back down.
- This time he mixes ice spikes with the ice blocks he shoots at you and they go much faster.
- He pauses before sending the last ice block.
- He shoots out more shy guys on the last time, wait for your opening to hit his feet and ground pound him for the last time.
World 6-4: Knot-Wing the Koopa's Sky Fort
Knot-Wing is determined to win, and this time he has a bullet bill blaster on his shell.
- He will fly around shooting bullet bills and slam through the clouds.
- The bullet bills will follow you, so try to eat them.
- Wait until you can hit the blaster, then throw a yarn ball at it to knock Knot-Wing over. Ground pound to damage him.
- After you damage him once, he flies to the background to shoot bullet bills at you.
- They destroy any clods they hit, but you can eat them.
- He flies to the front and shoot a homing bullet bill. He also goes underneath the clouds to do a spinning attack. Wait until you can hit the blaster with yarn again, then ground pound him.
- When you damage him twice, he goes to the background again and shoots many bullet bills.
- Eat as many as you can so you don't take much damage.
- This time he will fly in the air. Watch for the lines that show where he will come down.
- Wait for the blaster again, then throw a yarn ball at it and ground pound him to win.
World 6-8: King Bowser's Castle
Before getting to the boss fight, let me explain how to get to it. Eventually you reach a room with 4 color statues of Baby Bowser and a giant statue of him.
- You must throw a yarn ball that matches the color of the statue.
- Red - Heart
- White - Diamond
- Green - Club
- Blue - Spade
- You can find the colored enemies in each of the 4 zones around the level.
Once you fill in all 4 statues, the big statue moves and a door appears. Go through and follow the level until you reach the big boss door. You first fight Baby Bowser with the help of Kamek.
- Baby Bowser jumps around and shoots fire. Hit him with a yarn ball, then ground pound him.
- After you damage Baby Bowser, he jumps to the back ground to shoot more fire.
- Watch out for the last one, because Kamek will turn it into a big fire ball that smashes to the ground.
- When you ground pound him twice, he shoots more fire, this time with 3 giant fireballs at the end. He also turns big for a short time and smashes the ground.
- You can't hit him when he is big, so wait for him to turn back to normal before hitting him with yarn.
- You win this part of the fight after the 3rd ground pound.
Giant Baby Bowser
When you beat him the first time, Kamek turns him huge with giant yarn.
- Wait for the giant yarn balls, then eat the tops to turn them into your own yarn balls.
- Throw the yarn balls at the floating yarn bundles around Baby Bowser.
- He constantly tries to slam you with his hands, shoots fire, and makes fire erupt.
- Use the cannon to shoot yourself to other parts so you can hit all the bundles.
- You finally win after all the bundles are gone.
When you complete the last boss, you unlock Boss Tent. In this mode, you can fight harder versions of the bosses and unlock 3 new patterns: Bronze, Silver, and Gold Yoshi.
That's it for my Yoshi's Wooly World Boss guide. Please check out my Tips, Tricks, and How to Unlock more Yoshi Patterns for more help with the game. Let me know if you have any questions!
Published Oct. 19th 2015