Wartales Comfort and Happiness Guide
Comfort and happiness are just two of the many facets of Wartales that can overburden players. There's enough to deal with as it is, that these two things can easily be overlooked to dire results.
Our Wartales guide will provide you with all the tips you need in order to increase comfort and happiness of your group in Wartales. This is a crucial part of the gameplay. If you don't keep your units happy, then you will be forced to pay penalties that you may not be able to afford.
How to Increase Comfort and Happiness in Wartales
Pay Regular Wages
One of the most important things after assigning professions to your units is to pay them for their job every three days. This will factor into their sense of happiness and overall confidence.
Here are a few essential tips on how to pay wages in Wartales:
- Always try to look for wages for your units in a town, as there is always paid work to be found.
- Instead of robbing caravans or going hunting, go to the Town Inn and take on a bounty quest or a few.
- Always pick the easiest quests with the highest earnings, in this way your units will earn more happiness points.
When you have earned some money, you need to follow these steps in order to pay wages to your mercenaries:
- Set up a Camp (tent icon in the bottom left corner).
- Select "Campfire" option.
- Click on the "Pay Wages" button.
Rest and Feed Your Units
Food and good rest are two other essential elements of comfort for your party. While you stay in the town, make sure to collect as much food as possible, because as soon as you leave the town, it will be hard to come by.
Follow these tips to keep your units well fed and happy:
- Four units consume 6 points of food in a day, but since you usually stay 3-4 days out of town, then you will need at least 18 food to keep them happy.
- You can use alcohol to feed them as well, but alcohol adds only 1 point of happiness, while real food adds 2 points.
- You can buy alcohol in the tavern in any town, but be careful with it, because if you give too much alcohol to your units, they will gain the alcoholic trait, which will require you to feed them alcohol every time you rest at the campfire.
- If you found yourself out of food when out of town, then consider hunting animals, finding fishing spots, or buying food from traveling merchants.
- When you buy food in town, always try to buy the food directly from cooks, as their food is of higher quality than other sources.
Follow these steps to provide rest for your units:
- Set up a Camp
- Select "Campfire" option
- Click on the "Rest" button
Unlock Knowledge Skills
The final essential point for comfort and happiness of your units is the Camaraderie and Community skills in the Knowledge skill tree. Once you unlock these two skills your units will gain 2 permanent happiness points.
You can earn Knowledge points every time you discover new things, but the most efficient way is to craft items at the Workshop. Follow these steps to start crafting in Wartales:
- Set up a Camp
- Select "Workshop" option
- Select a unit with a Tinkerer profession
- Press "Confirm" button
- Select an item you would like to craft from the list
- Confirm by pressing "CRAFT"
Every time you craft a brand-new item, you will get a new knowledge point, which you can use to unlock Camaraderie and Community skills.
Get Farmers and Stoics
You can assign all kinds of professions to your units with different traits, but if you want to have happy units, then try to start the game with some Farmers and units that have the Stoic trait.
The Stoics are generally hard to upset and their comfort level never drops, so having them in your party is generally beneficial.
The Farmers can help you gain happiness while resting in the forest, which is where you'll be setting up your camp anyway most of the time. In order to gain the happiness bonus while resting in the forest, you will also need to get the Love the Nature trait.
That's all you need to know on how to increase the comfort and happiness of your units in Wartales. For more tips, including how to craft and use medicine, consider giving our other Wartales guides a look!