4 Unusual Hay Day Tricks, Tips and Cheats that Players Miss Completely
Farming on Hay Day is a time-consuming job; it takes hours and hours each day to tend livestock and crops and keep things running smoothly on a virtual farm. Use these time-saving and resource gathering Hay Day tricks, tips and cheats to stay ahead of the game.
[Related Article] Hay Day Cheats & Tips (That Don't Require Additional Downloads)
Note: none of these tricks require players to download anything.
1. Look for unlocked treasure chests
This Hay Day cheat becomes less effective the more you use it, but the first couple of times it should work. You might need to try it as many as 20 times to find an unlocked treasure chest.
- Find a tool box on a follower’s, helper’s or friend’s farm. If the box is closed, tap anywhere on the screen, except the x button.
- Now go to another friend’s farm and find the same tool box. If the tool box is unlocked, you can take everything inside. You can find tools and other things you can use to keep your farming running smoothly. Once you go back to your farm you should find the tools you found in the tool box in available farming tools.
- If the tool box is still locked? Keep doing the same process, until you find a tool box that’s unlocked. You can keep getting free stuff using this method, at least as long as it continues to work.
2. Trick your Hay Day friends, followers and helpers
This trick is great to use to convince your Hay Day farming friends, followers and helpers that you have just received double the amount of coins and experience for completing a boat order.
- When the boat pulls into the dock and you receive an order. Click on the check mark and hold it down.
- As you let go of the check mark, quickly click the x at the top of the page. The game will show you just received double the amount of coins and experience, but you won’t actually receive double bonus.
3. Determine items you’ll need in the future
You can determine items you’ll need in the future to complete shipments by letting the delivery boy give you hints using this helpful Hay Day tip.
- Find the delivery boy, click on him.
- Choose the “No Thanks” button.
- The delivery boy will then go across the road and lie down in a field. Above his head you’ll see a bubble where images of things you’ll need to complete future shipments will appear.
4. Free diamonds on Hay Day
You can buy diamonds with real money in Hay Day. The more diamonds you buy the more value you get for your money. You can get dozens of diamonds for just a few dollars, but nobody really wants to spend money playing a free video game.
Diamonds are the main currency on Hay Day. Having more diamonds allows you to spruce up your farm and have more fun. Use these tips to get more free diamonds.
- Hay Day farmers receive 1-3 diamonds every time they go up a level.
- Players receive 1-3 diamonds for each Hay Day achievement they complete. There are a total of 93.
- Hay Day farmers will occasionally receive a free movie ticket to watch a trailer on an upcoming video game or even blockbuster Hollywood movie. Watching the show rewards farmers with a diamond.
- Keep an eye out for big red mystery boxes on the farm. These are mystery boxes containing prizes, which could be diamonds. It will sometimes cost you a diamond to open one of these mystery boxes, but usually it’s worth the cost.
- Occasionally players can find a diamond wrapped in a bow near the house, so keep your eyes open.
The Hay Day cheats, tricks and tips here usually work, but if the game designers have updated the game recently, it's possible they won't. Gamers tell me it hasn't worked for everyone trying it.
I hope you have a good day on the farm. Using the Hay Day tricks, tips and cheats I have provided, you can cut the amount of time it takes to keep your virtual farm profitable and working efficiently, and have more fun playing your favorite video game.
Check out more of our Hay Day Guides.