Gears of War 4 Horde Guide: Engineer Class
Engineer is 1 of the 5 classes available in Gears of War 4 Horde Mode. They are all about supporting the team with better building, lower costs, and the option to repair everything.
If you want to keep things like barriers, decoys, and sentries up, this is the class for you.
I'm going to go over what the Engineer class can do, as well as a few tips on playing it. If you want general help with horde, check out my Gears of War 4 Horde Mode guide.
This guide will go over the basics of the Engineer class in Gears of War 4 Horde Mode including:
- Engineer Basics - What the class does, their loadout, and skills.
- Engineer Tips - Tips for playing the class.
The Engineer can still do a decent amount of damage because of the loadout, but it excels at building and keeping things fixed.
It is the only class with a Repair Tool, which repairs anything that is built up to full health. Keep in mind that it costs Power to repair anything.
All their skills revolve around boosting the things you build in some way, so it is easy to see what they had in mind when designing this class.
- Enforcer - A sub-machine gun good at taking people out at close to mid-range.
- Gnasher - The classic Gears shotgun. Great for taking people out at close-range.
- Repair Tool - Repairs things built from the Fabricator, such as barriers, decoys, and sentries.
Remember, you have to unlock some skills and equip them before you get the effects.
- Barrier Cost - Any barrier you build costs less Power.
- Barrier Health - Any barrier you build has more health.
- Decoy Cost - Any decoy you build costs less Power.
- Decoy Health - Any decoy you build has more health
- Repair Boost - Decreases the cost and time it takes takes to repair with your Repair tool.
- Sentry Capacity - Any sentry you build has increased ammo capacity.
- Sentry Cost - Any sentry you build costs less Power.
- Sentry Speed - Any sentry you build has an increased rate of fire.
- Turret Cost - Any turret you build costs less Power.
- Turret Health - Any turret you build has more health.
- Weapon Locker Cost - Any weapon locker you build costs less Power.
- Be the one to build most of the things from the Fabricator
- This only works if you have the skill, but it also only affects you.
- So if you have the skills for decreased costs or better efficiency, let your team know that you should build things.
- Pay attention to your Power when repairing
- Repairing anything costs Power and the more its damaged, the more Power it costs.
- Make sure your team doesn't need anything important before you spend the Power to repair.
- Repair High Priority things first
- Sentries, Turrets, and High level Barriers should be repaired first, they cost a bit and are the most helpful.
That's it for my Gears of War 4 Horde Mode Engineer guide. Let me know if you have any questions!