GameSkinny’s Weekend Download is back to bring you the week that was here on the site.
Here’s most of everything we published this week in one easy to digest roundup. While we didn’t cover everything, we did report on Borderlands 3 microtransactions; we reviewed Days Gone, even if it isn’t exactly what we thought it might be; and we talked about why Sea of Thieves is still relevant a year later.
We also wrote guides on Mortal Kombat 11, Minecraft, Sea of Thieves, Days Gone, and Katana ZERO. That’s not to mention a handful of reviews and features.
Sit back. Relax. Enjoy. It’s the weekend. What else are you gonna’ do? Play video games?
- Borderlands 3 Gameplay Streams to Show ECHOcast, Give Viewers In-Game Rewards
A special Borderlands 3 gameplay reveal stream will allow viewers to experience ECHOcast as well as enter for the chance to win in-game items. Read more.
- Borderlands 3 Gameplay Stream Reveals Co-Op Features, Plot, and More
The Borderlands 3 gameplay stream showed off a number of features, from skill trees to alternate gun modes. And there might not be microtransactions? Read more.
- Borderlands 3 Will Have Cosmetic Microtransactions, Not Pay-to-Win
2K releases statement clarifying microtransactions in Borderlands 3. Read more.
- Mortal Kombat 11 Getting Multiple Patches Across All Platforms
New Mortal Kombat 11 patches will tweak Towers of Time difficulty, address some bugs, and offer a special gift to players. Read more.
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Gets Release Date, New Trailer
The newest IGA-vania game is set for a launch date that’s a lot sooner than many might have expected, though the Switch version’s release date is a bit later. Read more.
- Valve Opens Pre-Orders for Next-Gen VR Headset
Steam is jumping back into VR hardware with the updated Index system, available to pre-order for a cool grand. Read more.
- The Sinking City Shows Off Investigative Mechanics In New Gameplay Video
Watch 12 minutes of non-linear investigative gameplay in this new clip featuring developer commentary from Frogwares. Read more.
- Figment, Musical Indie Adventure of the Mind, Comes to PS4 Soon
Bedtime Digital Games’ acclaimed musical indie adventure is launching in May on its most requested platform. Read more.
- Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update Adds New Story, PvP, and More
The new Sea of Thieves update adds a variety of gameplay elements and hopes to give players reason to keep exploring the high seas for a long time to come. Read more.
- Star Citizen Goes Temporarily Free to Play Following 3.5 Update
Play Star Citizen for free until May 8 and test out everything released in the recent 3.5 update. Read more.
- Download The Pokemon Pass And Get Cool Digital Content
The Pokemon Company is offering fans a chance to get special goodies using the Pokemon Pass app. Read more.
- Razer Announces Dual Driver In-Ear Hedset For Mobile Entertainment
Razer adds headset perfect for games on the go to its lineup, the Hammerhead Duo. Read more.
- Activision to Announce New Call of Duty, Hopes to Retain More Players
Activision Blizzard’s financial report provides a few teases about the newest Call of Duty game, including how the company plans to support it more than other CoD games. Read more.
- Respawn Outlines Anti-Cheater Plans, Bans 770K+ Players
Respawn’s project lead gave an update on Apex Legends’ anti-cheater war, with some big numbers to show how their efforts have paid off. Read more.
- Risk of Rain 2 Floods Early Access With More Than 1 Million Units Sold
Shortly after its launch on Steam’s Early Access, roguelike shooter Risk of Rain 2 sells a whopping 33% of its predecessor’s total sales. Read more.
- Mortal Kombat 11 Review: (Nearly) Flawless Victory
Almost three decades since the original, Mortal Kombat 11 proves the fighter’s might is still strong. Read more.
- VA-11 HALL-A Review: A Stylish Visual Novel That Feels at Home on Nintendo Switch
The visual novel VA-11 HALL-A arrived on Nintendo Switch, mixing drinks and changing lives with great characters and tons of style. Read more.
- Turtle Beach Recon 70 Headset Review: A Thrifty Option for PS4 Owners
Turtle Beach’s Recon 70 gaming headset is cheap but effective — a headset for somebody who wants a bargain and has nothing to prove. Read more.
- Days Gone Review: Gone Killin’
Days Gone may not be game-changing like other PlayStation exclusives, but it’s still a well put together title. Read more.
- ALpixel Games Discusses Open-World Narrative Game A Place For The Unwilling
Spanish development team ALpixel games gives us an up close and personal look at the creation of an inspired 2D indie title. Read more.
- Pandemic Express: Currently (Train)Wrecking Through Early Access
Pandemic Express’s decent gameplay hooks aren’t enough to salvage what is a broken, unfinished, and above all, unfun game. Read more.
- Why Sea of Thieves is More Relevant Than Ever
Despite the odds, Sea of Thieves is still one of the most relevant, enjoyable live games out there. Here’s why. Read more.
- How Long is Borderlands 3’s Campaign? We Now Have a Better Idea
How long is Borderlands 3? Gearbox Creative Director, Paul Sage, reveals that the looter-shooter’s as big as you’d expect — and then some. Read more.
- What’s Does the Future Have in Store for PSVR? 6 Changes We Need to See
From less clutter to better camera tracking and the ability to see your surroundings, we look at the must-have features that Sony needs to implement with the next PSVR. Read more.
- Lust From Beyond Beta Impressions: Bigger, Squishier, Sexier
Nearly everything about the first game has been drastically improved and taken to a new level of sexy horror in this brief demo for Lust From Beyond. Read more.
- How to Make a Blast Furnace in Minecraft
The blast furnace is finally in Minecraft Java, here’s the recipe and how you get the components. Read more.
- Minecraft: How to Remove Bad Omen
Learn about the bad omen status effect and how you can get rid of it. Read more.
- The Top 20 Minecraft 1.14 Seeds for May 2019
Minecraft 1.14 is officially here! Now you can explore all of the latest features in the fullest with the help of our monthly selection of top Minecraft seeds. Read more.
- Survive in Days Gone With Our Beginner Tips
Days Gone can be deadly for newcomers, so here are our best survival tips. Read more.
- Days Gone Collectibles Part One: Characters, NERO Intel, and Lab Notes
Days Gone features hours of gameplay, thousands of angry running zombies, and a couple of hundred collectible items crammed into every corner of the map. Here are a bunch of them. Read more.
- Days Gone Collectibles Part Two: Radio Free Copeland, RIP Sermons, and Tourism
Next up in our search for Days Gone’s collectibles is a bunch of paranoid ranting as we talk about Radio Free Copeland, RIP Sermons, and the tourist attractions of post-apocalyptic Oregon. Read more.
- Days Gone Collectibles Part Three: Historical Markers, Herbology, and Camp Guitarist
Music, plants, and local stories: our big guide to all 240 collectibles in ‘Days Gone’ wraps up with its historical markers, herbology, and music. Read more.
- How to Find All Krypt Key Items in Mortal Kombat 11
Discover the locations of the key items you’ll need to fully unlock the Krypt in Mortal Kombat 11. Read more.
- Sea of Thieves The Arena: A Tips and Tricks Beginner’s Guide
Sea of Thieves’ new PVP mode, The Arena, is 24 minutes of sheer pirate chaos. Use our guide to get the pegleg up on your rivals. Read more.
- Sea of Thieves The Hunter’s Call Guide: Fishing, Hunting, and Cooking
If Sea of Thieves’ new trading company, The Hunter’s Call, has you stumped, follow our guide on all things fishing, cooking, and using that awesome new harpoon gun. Read more.
- Where to Find Merrick of the Hunter’s Call in Sea of Thieves
Learn how to find Merrick, Master of the Hunter’s Call, in this guide to the new Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update. Read more.
- Katana ZERO: Where to Find All Keys
These are all the secret key locations to unlock new weapons in Katana ZERO. Read more.
- Borderlands 3 Complete Siren & Operative Skill Tree Lists
Amara and Zane each get three distinct skill trees to choose from based on whether you want to focus on melee, ranged, elemental, or drone-based combat. Read more.
Check back next weekend for another roundup of news, reviews, guides, and features.