Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare: Sunflower Guide
Sunflower are the healers for the Plants, and they do a great job at it. Like in the earlier Plants vs Zombies games, Sunflowers are almost always needed for victory. They can heal on the move, drop stationary healing pots, revive quickly, and put out a decent amount of damage.
This guide will teach you how to support your team while still getting kills. Just remember: healing is the most important part of being a Sunflower. If you want a guide on the different class variants of the Sunflower, then check out my Sunflower Variants Guide.
If you'd rather look at different class tips and other guides, check out my Master Guide List for everything on Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare.
This guide will cover everything about the Sunflower including:
- Basic Combat Tips - Things that give you an edge in battle.
- Class Abilities - Each ability for Sunflower, and what they do.
- Class Matchups - What to do against each Zombie.
Basic Combat Tips - Healing all the teammates
As the team's healer, it is very important to keep everyone alive as much as possible. When you see someone die, revive them quickly. Sunflowers have a much faster revive than every other plant. Their abilities are: Heal Beam, Sunbeam, Heal Flower.
- Heal Beam - Heals your teammates with a beam that connect you to them. You can only heal one at a time.
- Sunbeam - This is a powerful beam attack. You must stay rooted in place to use it.
- Heal Flower - Puts down a potted sunflower. It deploys sun that heals yourself and teammates.
- Heal Beam can also be used on potted plants, so be sure to keep them alive as well.
- Switch often between teammates that need healing the most.
- Sunbeam is great when you need to kill Zombies quickly as the Sunflower.
- Mow down enemies taking a garden, or those grouped together.
- Heal Flower is great for keeping your team alive when multiple people need healing.
- This is the only way to heal yourself if there aren't any other Sunflower players.
- Plant it somewhere most of your teammates can benefit from, but not where enemies can destroy it easily.
Class Matchups - Using the Sun to destroy the Zombies
- Soldiers are not that bad, except when they use their Rocket Jump. Keep a lookout for Soldiers on top of building.
- Their gas does constant damage over time, which causes problems with healing, so make sure you and your teammates stay out of it.
- When facing Soldier, do not stay grouped up. Their ZPG can devastate an entire team and any healing is pointless.
- Engineers are a pain because they build portals in Gardens and Graveyards. It is best to kill them before they build a portal.
- Portals will keep pressure on your team, making it more difficult to keep your team healed for the next assault.
- These are the healers for the Zombies. Scientists are also very slippery because of their teleport ability.
- They also have shotguns and do a lot of damage at close range. Keep your distance when facing this Zombie.
- Destroy their heal stations so they can't heal their team, making it easier for you to heal your team.
- Watch out for their sticky grenades, they kill quickly. They also detonate when in the area, so spread out when a Scientist is nearby.
- All-Stars have the most health and take the longest to kill.
- They also have a powerful Sprint Tackle and can deploy shields.
- It is best to not fight these Zombies as a Sunflower unless you have backup.
For other tips, check out the Master Guide List.