Final Fantasy XIV Yokai Watch Event and Weapons Guide
Final Fantasy XIV has a Yokai Watch collaboration event going on until October 3rd. This event allows you to collect up to 13 Yokai to summon as minions, a Yokai mount, and 13 unique weapons.
This guide will go over everything about the Final Fantasy XIV Yokai Watch collaboration event including:
- Starting the Event Quest - Where it is and what's required to start it.
- How to get Yokai Minions - How to get the minions and what each minion is.
- How to Get Yokai Watch Weapons - Each weapon and what's required to get them.
Starting the Event Quest
To start the event, you must talk to an NPC in Ul'dah, Steps of Nald named Poor-heeled youth.
- You get a Yokai Watch and Yokai medallium to collect medals.
- You must be above level 15 and have completed one of the following quests:
- The Gridanian Envoy
- The Lominsan Envoy
- The Ul'dahn Envoy
How to Get Yokai Medals
You can obtain Yokai Medals by completing FATES in Thanalan, The Black Shroud, or La Noscea and getting a Silver or Gold rating. You must have the Yokai Watch equipped whe n doing this.
After you get medals, talk to the Wandering Executive at the Gold Saucer to get minions of the medals. Keep gathering medals and turn them into the Wandering Executive until you have all 13 Minions.
Once you have all 13, you will get a Whisper-go mount. This is a flying mount if you have access to flying.
Each time you get a minion, the required amount of medals increases. The first minion only requires 1 medal.
- 1st Minion - 1 Medal
- 2nd - 3 Medals
- 3rd - 3 Medals
- 4th - 5 Medals
- 5th - 5 Medals
- 6th - 5 Medals
- 7th - 7 Medals
- 8th - 7 Medals
- 9th - 7 Medals
- 10th - 7 Medals
- 11th - 9 Medals
- 12th - 9 Medals
- 13th - 9 Medals
How to Get Yokai Watch Weapons
You can obtain 13 different Yokai weapons in this event. There is 1 for each class in the game and each weapon corresponds with 1 of the 13 Yokai.
- To get a weapon, you must summon the minion for the weapon you want and complete FATEs until you get a legendary medal.
- You turn in the Legendary medals at the Gold Saucer to get the weapons.
- You must complete FATEs in specific areas to get each weapon. The medallium gives details on where you need to go.
Below is a list of each weapon and which Yokai you need to get them.
- Paw of the Crimson Cat - Jibanyan
- Cane of the Shrine Guardian - Komasan
- Ears of the Moon Rabbit - USApyon
- Bow of the White Whisp - Whisper
- Whisker of the Brave Cat/Buckler of the Brave Cat - Shogunyan
- Fang of the Fearless Cat - Hovernyan
- Codex of the Shrine Guardian - Komajiro
- Globe of the Lucky Snake - Noko
- Spear of the Spark Serpent - Venoct
- Twin Tails of the Flame Fox - Kyubi
- Musket of the Metal Cat - Robonyan F-Type
- Staff of the Snow Maiden - Blizzaria
- Book of the Eerie Mutt - Manjimutt
You will need 7 legendary medals for the 1st weapon and the requirement increases as you unlock more weapons.
- 1st Weapon - 7 Medals
- 2nd - 9 Medals
- 3rd - 11 Medals
- 4th - 15 Medals
- 5th - 15 Medals
- 6th - 15 Medals
- 7th - 15 Medals
- 8th - 15 Medals
- 9th - 15 Medals
- 10th - 15 Medals
- 11th - 30 Medals
- 12th - 30 Medals
- 13th - 30 Medals
Finally, I'll list where you can find each Yokai medal for easy reference.
- Jibanyan - Lower La Noscea, Central Black Shroud, and Central Thanalan
- Komasan - Western La Noscea, East Black Shroud, and East Thanalan
- USApyon - Middle and Outer La Noscea and Western Thanalan
- Whisper - Upper La Noscea, South Black Shroud, and Southern Thanalan
- Shogunyan - Lower La Noscea, East Black Shroud, and Central Thanalan
- Hovernyan - Western La Noscea, South Black Shroud, and Eastern Thanalan
- Komajiro - Western La Noscea, East Black Shroud, and Central Thanalan
- Noko - Outer La Noscea, North Black Shroud, and Southern Thanalan
- Venoct - Middle La Noscea, Central Black Shroud, and Western Thanalan
- Kyubi - Lower La Noscea, Central Black Shroud, and Western Thanalan
- Robanyan F-Type - Upper La Noscea, North Black Shroud, and Southern Thanalan
- Blizzaria - Middle and Outer La Noscea and North Black Shroud
- Manjimutt - Upper La Noscea, South Black Shroud, and Eastern Thanalan
That's it for my guide on the Final Fantasy XIV Yokai Watch Event. Let me know if you have any questions!