Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 Chomper Class Guide
The Chomper is a unique class in Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 because it can swallow zombies. It is mostly a melee class, but it has some ranged abilities. It is an assassin class and plays similar to stealth-based classes in other games.
It takes time to get used to playing Chomper and you can't play it like any other class in the game. I'll help by explaining how the Chomper plays, what each variant does, and the character upgrades you can get.
Check out my Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 Beginner Tips and Tricks for other help with the game.
This guide will go over everything about the Chomper class in Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 including:
- Chomper Basics and Abilities - How to play Chomper and the abilities they have.
- Chomper Variants - Each variant for Chomper and what they do.
- Chomper Character Upgrades - Each upgrade for Chomper and what they do.
Chomper Basics and Abilities
Chomper has a bite attack as their primary. If you get behind a zombie, you can swallow them for a 1-hit vanquish. They also have a burrow ability that goes underground and you can move underneath a zombie to swallow them.
If the zombie has a shield or is riding something, such as jackhammer or cannon, you will swallow that instead of the zombie. You also have a digestion time. During digestion, you move slow and can't attack or do anything else until it is over.
The Chomper's Goop ability slows zombies down and makes it easier to get behind them. The Spikeweed also slows down zombies who walk into it. When playing Chomper, it is important to make use of the abilities so you can make zombies your snacks.
- Goop - He shoots a purple goop on the enemy that slows them down.
- Alternate Ability: Super Sticky Goop - Like the normal Goop, but makes the enemy unable to move at all.
- Alternate Ability: Chomp Cannon - Shoots a big ball that does high damage in an explosive attack.
- Burrow - Goes underground where you can move or stay in one place for a short time. You can swallow zombies while burrowed.
- Alternate Ability: Sprint Burrow - Travels faster than normal Burrow, but doesn't last as long.
- Spikeweed - Places up to 3 spike traps on the ground that stops zombies from moving.
- Alternate Ability: Spiky Spikeweed - Deals more damage than the normal Spikeweed, but you can only use 2 at a time.
This variant shoots a fire breath spray that deals damage over time instead of bite attacks.
Hot Rod Chomper
This variant gains a temporary speed boost after swallowing a zombie.
- He has bite attacks like the normal variant
This variant shoots an electric spray attack that chains into multiple enemies instead of the normal bite attack.
This variant recovers some health after swallowing a zombie.
- He has bite attacks like the normal variant
- Vampires are cool and so is this variant
This variant shoots a poison spray attack that does damage over time to enemies instead of the normal bite attack.
- He also damages nearby enemies with poison damage
This variant has more health and his bite attacks deal more damage than the normal Chomper.
This variant recovers health faster than other Chomper and uses a Swamp Spray attack instead of the normal bite attacks.
- The spray does not have any additional effects, but you'll look menacing, so that counts for something
This variant shoots an ice ball attack instead of the normal bite that can freeze enemies in places after enough attacks.
- This is the only Chomper variant with a ranged primary and can get a Zoom upgrade.
- Your dreams of being a Yeti are finally realized
- If you did not have dreams of being a Yeti, shame on you
This is the legendary variant of the Disco Chomper. I do not have it and I have not seen any info on it. I'll update this guide with what he does when I find out. Let me know if you have info on this variant.
Chomper Character Upgrades
Chomper gets character upgrades at level 5 and 9. When you get to 10 you can promote it to reset it back to level 1. This gives you a new rank and allows you to level up again to get more character upgrades.
I'll tell you at what level and rank you get each character upgrade and what they do.
- Health Regeneration Delay Upgrade (Level 5) - Lower the time it takes before your health begins to regenerate.
- Speed Upgrade (Level 9) - Increases your movement speed.
- Health Regeneration Upgrade (Level 5) - Increases how fast your health regenerates.
- Damage Upgrade (Level 9) - Increases how much damage you deal with your chomp attacks.
- Digestion Upgrade(Level 5) - Decreases the time it takes to digest zombies.
- Damage Upgrade (Level 9) - Increases how much damage you deal with your bite attacks.
- Digestion Upgrade (Level 5) - Decreases the time it takes to digest enemies.
- Health Upgrade (Level 5) - Increases your maximum health.
As you can see, you don't get upgrades for level 9 of the last two ranks. Once you get level 5 of Super Elite, you won't need to level anymore for character upgrades.
You can use both damage or digestion upgrades if you choose.
That's it for my guide on Chomper in Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2. Let me know if you have any questions!