The Clockwork Mansion - Saving Anton Sokolov in Dishonored 2
Mission 4 in the Clockwork Mansion is one of the longest and most complicated missions in Dishonored 2. So prepare yourself for some puzzle-solving and a lot of stealth action, if you play as Emily.
Before starting the quests be sure to have the Shadow Walk ability that will help you go through the most difficult areas.
Another Black Market
In the beginning you arrive at the Lower Aventa District. Your goal here is to get to the main street and get across through the building. From the balcony on the other side go to the right and land into a small yard.
There you will find an entrance into the basement -- that is the location of the Black Market. However, you cannot use it immediately.
First, you need to hide behind the wall and wait before a group of visitors enters the basement and talk to the Shopkeeper. Wait until they leave, and then you can use the shop.
If you have some money, then at least be sure to buy the Key, the Rewire Tool, and the Rune.
Upper Aventa District
In order to get to the Clockwork Mansion you need to obtain the Gate Code that will unlock the way to Jindosh’s palace.
First, take the carriage from the Lower to the Upper Aventa District. Then, locate the soldier barracks to the right and get on the second floor.
At the very top you will find a snoozing veteran who rests on the journal with the code. Knock him out, get the code and loot the place.
Return to the carriage, enter the code and go up to the Clockwork Mansion.
The Clockwork Mansion is one huge puzzle -- you can control it by switching triggers that are found all over the place.
You need to find the Assessment Chamber by following the marker and locate the stairs that go down to another complicated puzzle room. This is where they keep Anton Sokolov.
There is a Clockwork Soldier inside, so you need to trigger the squares on the floor in a way that would not alert the soldier. Follow these steps:
- Step into the puzzle and move onto the first square.
- Use Far Reach to move forward and right to avoid the Clockwork Soldier.
- Step on a square ahead, as you continue forward, and then move to the right.
- Let the walls finish shifting, and then go left from your position.
- Break a set of wooden boards on the floor and step on the revealed square.
- Anton Sokolov’s cell will now open.
The last thing left is to eliminate Kirin Jindosh. As always, with Corvo it is much easier because all you need to do is to assassinate him. However, if you play as Emily, you need to do the following:
- Use the elevator to go to the Jindosh’s laboratory by pressing the second button.
- In the lab you will find two Bay panels that need to be programmed in order to activate the Electroshock Machine:
- Press the Optics button on Bay 1.
- Press the Anatomy Platform button on Bay 2.
- Knock out Jindosh that walks above you on the balcony and bring him to the Electroshock Machine.
- Turn it on and watch his mind getting purged.
And lastly, leave the mansion with Anton Sokolov on your shoulders and head back to the Dreadful Wale.
Other Dishonored 2 guides:
- Dishonored 2 Quest Guide: A Long Day in Dunwall
- Dishonored 2 Quest Guide: Edge of the World
- The Good Doctor - Dealing with the Crown Killer in Dishonored 2
Come back soon for more Dishonored 2 guides at GameSkinny!