Mordhau Not Responding? Try This
While Mordhau is getting more and more popular, the game is still not quite finished. Anyone playing knows there are still bugs to fix. And as of this writing, one of the biggest issues many players have run into is the freeze screen at the start of the game.
There are two proven methods for getting rid of this annoying bug, and you can learn about both of them in our quick guide below.
Method 1: Reinstall the Drivers
For most players, the issue stems from old versions of GPU drivers and DirectX. Here's what you can do to eliminate that issue:
- Download and update your GPU drivers and DirectX
- If that doesn't help, then you will have to reinstall the whole game.
- Finally, try to restart the game as many times as needed before it launches properly.
In case neither of these tips help you start the game, then check out another method below.
Method 2: Remove the Unreal Engine Logo
Mordhau usually freezes on the Unreal Engine logo during the loading process. So here's another solution that should help you get rid of the loading screen once and for all:
- Go to "Steam\steamapps\common\Mordhau\Mordhau\Content\Movies" folder
- Delete the following video files:
- DO NOT delete Loading.mp4
It is also a good idea to copy the loading files somewhere else instead of deleting them indefinitely.
Hopefully, one of these tricks will help you get rid of the freezing bug in Mordhau before the official patch arrives.
For other Mordhau guides see the listing below: