Guild Wars 2 Flashpoint Guide: How to Get the Legendary Armor
Ever since the release of Heart of Thorns, the Guild Wars 2 community has been speculating about legendary armor. On May 2, with the launch of Living Story Season 3 Episode 5 Flashpoint, long-held dreams have -- finally -- become reality: legendary armor exists.
The process to get legendary armor in Guild Wars 2 may seem daunting at first. For those who shy away from the PvE aspect of the game, it may also be disappointing that legendary armor can only be obtained by participating in raids. But the process is not as bad as it may seem.
Let's break it down.
How to Get the New Legendary Armor
To get the legendary envoy armor, you'll have to complete the following steps:
- Obtain The Lost Art of Armor Crafting from any boss in the Forsaken Thicket raid.
- Double click to consume and unlock the Envoy Armor I: Experimental Armor collection.
- Complete the collection to obtain the first tier of precursor armor: Experimental Envoy Armor.
- Collect all 18 items from all three wings in Forsaken Thicket by defeating bosses and interacting with the instance.
- Upon completing the collection, you'll receive the Chest of Experimental Armor.
- Double click to choose a set of light, medium, or heavy ascended armor as the first tier to the legendary envoy armor.
- This chest unlocks the Envoy Armor II: Refined Armor collection.
- Complete the second collection to obtain the second and final tier of precursor armor: Refined Envoy Armor.
- Collect all 14 items by creating and infusing Crystalline Heart in various areas in Heart of Maguuma.
- Upon completing the collection, you'll receive the Chest of Refined Envoy Armor.
- Double click to choose a set of light, medium, or heavy ascended armor as the second tier to the legendary envoy armor.
- In the Mystic Forge, combine each piece of Refined Envoy Armor with Gift of Prosperity, Gift of Prowess, and Gift of Dedication to craft the legendary armor.
- Each Gift has its own materials (listed below) that must be collected before they can be crafted individually in the Mystic Forge. Once made, Gifts are account-bound, legendary-rarity materials.
- New Gifts must be crafted for every piece of armor that a player wants to make legendary.
Explanation of Terms
- Gift of Prosperity -- Combine Gift of Craftsmanship, Gift of Condensed Magic, Gift of Condensed Might, and 15 Mystic Clovers to create this item.
- Gift of Prowess -- Combine 25 Legendary Insights, 50 Obsidian Shards, a Cube of Stabilized Dark Energy, and an Eldritch Scroll to craft this material.
- Gift of Dedication -- Combine 5 Chak Eggs, 5 Auric Ingots, 5 Reclaimed Metal Plates, and Gift of the Pact to make this final item needed to obtain legendary armor.
- Forsaken Thicket -- The very first raid in Guild Wars 2. Its entrance is in Verdant Brink. It consists of three wings (Spirit Vale, Salvation Pass, and Stronghold of the Faithful), with three bosses in each.
- Bastion of the Penitent -- The second raid in Guild Wars 2. Its entrance is in Bloodstone Fen. It consists of only one wing, but has four bosses to defeat.
How Long Will It Take to Craft the Legendary Armor?
Legendary armor will take some time to farm all the components. Some materials can be bought, but many must also be earned, and a few are locked behind time gates.
For example, the necessary crafting component called Legendary Insight can only be obtained a maximum of 13 times in a week from defeating all raid bosses. This maximum number comes from the assumption that a player has the time, knowledge, and skill to clear all raid wings during this period.
Given that a full set of legendary armor requires 150 Legendary Insights, a player beginning their armor set today can expect to complete it in three months -- at the earliest.
Guild Wars 2 players who are heavily into raiding may already have a lot of Legendary Insights saved up, in which case they can begin crafting very soon.
How to Get More Legendary Armor Pieces
Armor pieces can be crafted after a player has completed the second collection (Envoy Armor II: Refined Armor). Talk to a Master Craftsman, Leatherworker, or Armorsmith to unlock the legendary recipe of your choosing.
The new crafting recipes require Envoy Insignia. Purchase Envoy Insignia from Scholar Glenna in one of the raid wings. Each insignia costs 25 Legendary Insights and 5 gold.
For each piece you'll also need one Lesser Vision Crystal and two more crafting materials, whose type depends on the armor you're trying to craft. Heavy armor requires two Deldrimor Steel items, while medium armor needs two Elonian components, and light armor requires two Damask crafts.
What do you think about the long-awaited implementation of legendary armor? Will you be getting it? And do you have any tips that will make the process faster? Let us know in the comments!