One of the most persistent bugs in Battlefield 2042 is a black screen after the match is over. This doesn’t happen every time, but some players get it more often than others. Unfortunately, the developer has never fixed this issue, so we’re going to provide you with a possible black screen after match fix in Battlefield 2042, even if it’s only a temporary solution.
How to Fix Black Screen After Match in Battlefield 2042
Restart Your Game
The only reliable fix for the black screen after a match is to simply restart the game. There really isn’t much you can do about it, but as soon as you restart the game, you’ll be able to play again.
The black screen happens because of the incomplete texture load right before the match ends, so you end up with an infinite black screen on PC. At this point, I’d do the following:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc key combo.
- Right-click on Battlefield 2042 process.
- Select “End Process” option.
- Once the game’s closed, restart it.
Other Temporary Solutions
Reportedly, some players found temporary success in repairing the game’s anti-cheat system, but in many cases, this doesn’t fix the issue permanently. If you’re eager to try it, then here’s how you can do it:
- Go to “\Steam\steamapps\common\Battlefield 2042\EasyAntiCheat\” folder on your PC.
- Right-click on the “EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe” file.
- Select “Run as Administrator” option.
- Press the “Repair” button.
Although this did help some players initially, in time, the black screen after match came back. So, this solution isn’t fixing the problem; it simply stalls it. If you’re eager to try other possible fixes, then here are a few other things that players have tried with modest success:
- Re-installing the EA app.
- Installing the game on an SSD hard-drive.
- Verifying the integrity of game files on Steam.
That’s everything you need to know on how to fix black screen after match in Battlefield 2042. Stay tuned for more BF2042 tips and tricks articles right here.